not enough pt. 2

i contemplated going to school tomorrow. it's been 2 days since i caught ricky with nini. i stared at my ceiling. i had sobbed all of my tears out. well, at least i think i did. i still just couldn't believe it. ricky tried calling me dozens of times the past three days. he left me tons of voicemails that i refused to listen to. my mom and sister eventually got me to spill everything. i'm proud to say their comfort made me feel much better. it still didn't erase the damage ricky did. i took a deep breath. i hadn't told my best friend, leila, about anything yet. i knew if i did, she was sure to kill ricky.

quite literally.

anyways, i told her later that night.
"i'm gonna kill him," she said through the screen. i could see the anger in her eyes.
"leila-,"
"y/n, i'm sorry, but i just can't let him go around, thinking what he did is right."
"he doesn't."
"then why did he do it in the first place??"
i groaned. "i don't know...."
"well, has he even tried apologizing?"
"he's called me tons and has even left me voicemails, but i haven't answered at all." she sighed.
"maybe u should."
"ugh, what am i supposed to say? 'oh, i appreciate it but u still broke my heart.'?!?"
"just tell him to at least stop bothering u." i sighed.
"maybe i will."
"good. because if u don't, i will." i laughed a little.
"thanks. for having my back."
"i'm always here for u." we smiled and talked for a bit more before hanging up. i sighed.

a side of me was bugging, telling me i should call him back.

but another side didn't want anything to do with him.

one side says, "go to school!"

the other says, "don't risk running into him!"

i groaned. i took a deep breath and made a final decision.

the next day

i woke up and realized that today would be the first time that i would see ricky since the incident. i got dressed, ate some breakfast, and headed out the door. i walked to school, since it wasn't too far. then, i heard the sound i least wanted to hear.

the sound of a skateboard.

not just any skateboard.

ricky's skateboard...

'oh no,' i thought to myself. i tried to walk quicker, but obviously, ricky caught up to me.
"Y/N!!!" he yelled. i continued to walk. he got off his skateboard and grabbed my wrist somewhat gently. i looked at him.
"what do u want, ricky," i said, shaking my arm from his grip and crossing my two arms.
"y/n, can we talk?" i sighed.
"go ahead," i said with bitterness. he sighed.
"when nini came to my doorstep, she kissed me. i didn't know how to react. but then u came. and....when u said all of the things u said....i-i realized that kissing nini wasn't the same as kissing u." i looked down, shuffling my feet. his logic sounded like complete crap.
"ricky-,"
"i may have loved nini once, but i love u now." i rolled my eyes.
"ricky, i saw u. u guys were kissing for a while. im sorry, i just don't think i can trust u anymore."
"just give me one more-,"
"ricky, i'm not gonna repeat myself." i turned away and walked to school.

later that day

i was walking to where big red, leila, ricky and i usually sat. i quickly stopped. i was not going to sit with ricky right now. i turned away, breaking the eye contact ricky and i had made. i scanned the room for leila. i finally spotted her and went to go sit with her.
"he looks miserable," leila said as she put a fry in her mouth from my tray.
"he tried to convince me to give him a second chance." i took a sip of my drink.
"what did u say?"
"i said no. i just- i can't trust him. he also said that he realized that kissing nini wasn't the same as kissing me," i said, mocking him a little at the end she scoffed, shaking her head.
"typical."
i ran my fingers through my hair.
"looks like red is scolding him right now," she said. i looked up and saw that he was. i sighed.
"let's not talk about ricky."
"course. he isn't worth ur time." i smiled and nodded.

this is a kinda crappy ending but oh well. pls comment suggestions once again ik i'm being annoying but i'm really not creative a lot of the time. k bye.

💕🎶