three

"Then, can I be your girlfriend?"

His eyes are so innocent. I try searching his eyes to deepen the eye contact but he was fast to look away.

"Are you being serious?" Jungkook sigh and walk out the classroom. I ran after him.

"I told you before, I really like you and I'm willing to wait how long it takes for you to answer me. Even if I'll die single, at least I've lived for liking you." the truth is stated. It really doesn't matter if he don't like me back. I mean, at least we're still best friends.

"If you're asking me out. Like legit, asking me out. For real. Can I, give you my answer.. next weekend?" he is fidgeting his fingers.

"Sure! I'll wait." I throw my arms around his neck and walk in the teachers room, to be greeted by Mrs.Choi face.

"So, Chaerin and Jungkook. The thing is, there's this school project going on."

"Okay.."

"The school need to send two representatives. And the teachers agreed to send both of you, since you're both the top student." she gave us the proud look that teachers always make.

"And what is the project about?" I ask. Jungkook had been quiet since the start.

"You guys need to go to Yeondongsal village and make a report of each and every villagers there."

"How's that possible?" finally Jungkook spoke up.

"You guys are required to stay there for a whole week. That's why we pick you guys. Because we don't want other student lack in their studies."

"You have a point." I agreed with Mrs.Choi.