The Mission To Reclaim Wall Maria Part 3

Levi's P.O.V

Erwin's scouts had finally gotten close enough to the best that once they shot their third round of flares, it went past his head. With that, I assume he was surprised that they weren't dead yet, as was I.

After slicing the nape of the last titan, I raced towards the beast, covered in the disgusting blood that was starting to slowly evaporate. As the beast slowly approached to a stop, it took a glance at what I had left- a trail of bodies.

"What? My titans have fallen?" I heard it speak.

It abruptly stopped as if it were thinking of something, but seeing no time to waste, I plunged my wires through the green mist of the flares and attached them quickly to his shoulders, it's red eyes darting at me suddenly. As soon I appeared out of the mist, he yelled whilst bearing his white flesh-piercing teeth at me. I lunged at him, pure rage bubbling inside of me, detached my hook from his shoulder and pirouetted through the arm that he had aimed at me, slicing it so clean that it turned into a ribbon of flesh. He was obviously surprised by this and then I went for his eyes, however I had made it seem like I was aiming for the nape and so naturally he turned and covered it with his hand, giving me a clean cut at his eyes. I clipped myself to his back and descended toward the back of his feet, cutting them straight and making the titan fall as a loud thud echoed throughout the land causing giant trees to be ripped from the ground as the earth broke away at the impact.

"You were really enjoying yourself, just now." I flung myself high into the air and dove straight down, targeting his nape.

"So let's have fun!" I yelled, cascading down at him. He tried to block me with his filthy hand but I only adjusted my gas direction, twirled and cut right through it, like it was merely made out of paper.

I soared onto his back and began vigorously slashing at his nape, I had a slight feeling of déjá vu since I had previously managed to slash up a similar beast titan that had eaten my friends, Isabelle and Farlan. (If you don't know who they are I suggest watching the Levi No Regrets OVA for more information) I continued slashing until I had managed to slide my foot on his fur, grip my swords in my hand and with one last cut I had managed to get him out. After doing so, the light-tonned bearded man was flung into the air and before he could have gotten any more time to think up of another plan I maintained my grip on the sword and as soon as he turned to me, I pushed it into his mouth, listening to the disgusting screams that came out of his throat.

"After a transformation, turning into a titan puts a heavy strain on your body, you can't transform again while you're healing. Isn't that right?" No words were uttered from the man so I plunged my sword deeper into his mouth, tearing some of his jaw.

"Hey! Answer me. Where are your good manners?" I questioned venomously, seeing him tremble underneath me was something I was I had long awaited, so I was going to make sure he endured the most of it.

I could already feel the steam rising from the limbs that he was missing and my chances of survival at this point were wearing thin, seeing I only had one pair of swords left. However I maintained my position.

'I can't kill him' I thought 'Isn't there...anyone still alive? It doesn't matter how injured they are. Just as long as they're breathing. I can use this titan shot to turn them into a titan, then I can have them eat this guy and steal the power of the beast titan...One...Only one...Isn't there anyone I can bring back?'

My mind was drifting. Drifting away from the current situation and to the brat that had fallen on top of the wall and had since then disappeared. It was drifting away from the current situation and before I knew what was going on, an abnormal loomed before me. My natural instincts immediately kicked in and I let go of the titan shifter and seized my swords. This was a mistake. Whatever it was, it was obviously here for the shifter and I let the damn thing go. I cursed my stupidity and and right now, I was put in a tight spot. Naturally, I would go after the titan but for now I let it leave with the man. But before I could say anything I heard only a faint whisper from the bearded man.

"Hey, where are you going...Stop." I spoke to the cart looking titan as it was carrying the beast shifter in it's jaws.

Then I heard something, something very faint that came from the cart titan.

"All of you, kill that man!" I glanced up, seeing another line of titans standing lifelessly. Then they began moving, charging at me with full speed. I had no time to think.

"Wait. I swore. I swore to him" I unlatched my blunt swords. "That I was going to kill you." I clicked in my last ones. "I swore!" And I lunged myself at the titans that were hunched over the ground eyeing me cautiously- this was not going to be easy.

Eren's P.O.V

I stood at the foot of Armin and stared at him, my eyes probably piercing the already burned skin he had left. This wasn't the plan...THIS WASN'T THE PLAN. I wouldn't haven't Armin go out there on a suicide mission and let him kill himself just for the sake of me as well as humanity. There was no going back though. I'm pretty sure that Armin was dead that there was nothing I could do about it. But... I could use the kit that heichou was given by his uncle, was it?, named Kenny- the ripper. It's really interesting to see how much heichou's grown on me...I don't think he's realized it or paid much attention, but he most definitely has. I still can't describe the feeling I get when I'm around him but I know I'd be damned if I let him die, let alone let anything happen to him. That's why I left the unconscious Berthold on the roof and zipped up to the top of the wall to see what was going on.

I was dismayed by the green mist that had been floating about the ground and the amount of bodies that were scattered around the plains like meaningless twigs that were waiting to be stepped on so they could crack. My concern rose as I didn't see Levi anywhere near but shock filled my body when a bunch of titans were crowded above a tree that someone was obviously on. I saw some strands of raven hair- meaning that it could only be Levi. The titans were shaking, banging and scrambling up the tree to get to him but I knew that he wouldn't let them. Before I acknowledged the situation I was in, I jumped off the wall and started running. I had no control over my body but the one thing that kept on repeating in my mind was 'he has to be safe, he has to be safe, he has to be safe'. I found a horse standing by a house and jumped on it, continuing my journey towards that tree that the titans had been scrambling up to.

I wouldn't say that I doubted my titan powers, but it was just that every experiment done with Hange had gradually left my titan, well, deformed quite a lot, so I doubted that biting my hand and attempting to transform into a titan would work but did so anyways.