Chapter 9- Hugs

Instagram: dolanadventures

Chapter 9 - Hugs

After asking around for fifteen minutes, I found Grayson. He was outside with some girl hanging off his arm like she'd die if she let go. He seemed bored with her, but just listened as she talked about God knows what.

"Grayson," I said, walking up to them.

The girl stopped giggling and gave me a death glare. On any other day, I probably would've gotten a little scared by it. But today, I was too focused on other things to notice.

"Um, we're talking." The girl I recognized as Morgan, the annoying girl that sat near me in Art.

She was an inch or two taller than me, thanks to her heels, but I walked up to her, my face inches from hers. I looked up at her with my best death glare, and saw her gulp.

"And now you're not," I growled, "Now do me a favor, and fuck off!"

Her jaw dropped, and she looked like she wanted to fight back. I raised my eyebrow, challenging her to do something, anything. She flipped her hair and stalked off, swaying her hips suggestively as she did so. I rolled my eyes.

I turned back to Grayson, who's eyes darkened visibly as they smoldered into my green ones. I could tell he was mad at me, and now I knew why.

"What do you want?" Grayson broke the silence, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I know you're mad at me, but I just wanted to tell you that everything Ryder said was a lie," I admitted, my cheeks flushing as I remembered what he said.

His eyes softened for a moment as he took in my solemn manner, but quickly hardened again. He took a step forward, and instinctively I took a step back. My back hit the wall, and I winced.

"And what makes you think I care if you slept with him," he said, "Did I give you the impression that I cared about you? Because if I did, let me clear things up."

"W-what?"

He took another step closer to me so we were so close I could smell his minty breath and see each fleck of gold in his dark eyes. He looked menacing, and I gulped as I waited for him to speak next.

"I. Don't. Care. About. You." He said slowly, his voice low and husky.

He pulled back, giving me one last glare before walking off. Tears burned in the back of my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. Ryder was right, Grayson was just a dickhead who would hurt me. I didn't listen to Ryder, thinking he was insane. I opened up to Grayson a minute ago, letting him swoop in and snap my heart. I thought I meant more to him; I thought I meant as much as he did to me. But I was wrong, really wrong. What he said, that hurt. Bad.

But I still wanted him, I still liked him. And I think that hurt more than anything.

~*~

I walked down the empty hallway, heading right to the bathroom. My teacher told me to get back in five minutes, but the closest bathroom was across the school.

When I opened the door, I heard talking and giggling. None other than Feli stood in the bathroom, glossing her stupid lips. She turned and her smile dropped, replaced with a sneer.

After I went to the bathroom, Feli and her two sidekicks were still in the bathroom. Conscious of their evil glares, I went over to the sinks and washed my hands.

I turned around, and they were shooting daggers at me with their eyes. Feli look knowingly at her sidekicks, and I gulped.

"Get her," she growled.