Chapter 11 - A Beautiful View

Instagram: dolanadventures

Chapter 11 - A Beautiful View

We went into the store and expensive watches sat behind glass cases. A young lady in her early twenties stood in a fur coat at the register.

"Why are you wearing a fur coat?" Jeremy asked her, "Don't you know how rude that is?"

"What can I help you with?" She ignored Jeremy but eyed him a few times.

"Can I see your most expensive watch?" Brandon stepped forward.

She eyed him up and down, giving him a judge stare.

"Are you sure you can afford it?"

He clenched his fists until they turned white and nodded. She shrugged and went to the back, coming back a few minutes later. An expensive gold watch with diamonds and other jewels sat in front of us.

Brandon looked at me and then grabbed it.

"Hey!" The lady screamed.

Brandon turned and dashed for the door. The lady shouted at him, and when he got to the door he stopped and doubled over in laughter.

"Chill lady, I was just kidding." he wiped a laughter tear off his face and gave her back the watch.

"I'm calling the police!" She screamed, picking up a phone.

We all looked at each other and took off running. She shouted at us but once we were outside her voice faded. We kept running until something, or someone I should say, stopped me. I looked up to see a man dressed in a 1900 soldier costume before I hit the ground.

"Oops, sorry," he said, giving me a hand.

I took it and pulled myself up. Brandon and the twins caught up to me, bending over to catch their breath. When Brandon saw the soldier he smiled.

"Can I have a picture?" He asked.

For the rest of the day we went around messing with people, and I made some pretty good memories. Not to mention I made three new best friends. And yes, I would consider them my best friends.

We sat in a Starbucks in Times Square, watching the people outside as they rushed to get some place. I took a long sip of my hot chocolate, savoring the delicious chocolate.

"What do you guys wanna do next?" Jacobs asked, taking a sip of his drink.

He had a chocolate mustache from the hot chocolate, and I laughed as I handed him a napkin.

"It's going to be dark soon, so why don't we go to the Statue of Liberty and get a shot of the city at night." Brandon suggested, and I was surprised at how good of an idea it was.

After talking and finishing out drinks, we went back outside. It was a lot colder, and my hands were starting to get cold. Brandon took my hand, closing it in his warm one and smiling at me. Jeremy and Jacob ran a little bit ahead of us, but stayed within a few feet.

The line was only a half an hour, which was really good for the Statue of Liberty. While waiting, someone smacked my ass. Brandon turned around and threatened to deck them, resulting in them winking at me and walking away. My skin crawled as he did, making me shudder.

"Creeps," Brandon scoffed.

When we finally made it to the top the sun was setting, casting a beautiful orange glow over the city. Lights from the building shone and glittered like diamonds. Purple splashed through the sky, making everything look a little darker and calmer. I took out my phone and took a few pictures, Brandon and the twins did the same.