Chapter 10 - New York City Adventures

Instagram: dolanadventures

Chapter 10 - New York City Adventures

He pulled back from the hug, looking down at my face. A pained expression came to his face, making him scrunch his eyebrows and frown.

"You know I hate seeing you sad," he lulled, holding my upper arm with his hand.

"Why are you being nice to me?" I asked.

His expression turned to hurt, and then back to its usual emotionless wall. I didn't mean for it to come off like that, but I couldn't help my curiosity.

"We should get you to the nurse." He ignored my comment; I didn't know if that was a good sign or a bad sign.

The hallway was empty, since everyone else was still in class, and we started walking in awkward silence down the hall. He looked at me, chewing his lip in thought. I wanted to ask him what he was thinking about, but decided that if he wanted to tell me he would.

"Why did she do that?" I was expecting that, and I really didn't want to answer it. His ego was big enough, he didn't need to know that the whole situation revolved around him.

"She blames me," I half admitted, hoping he wouldn't press any further.

He opened him mouth to continue, but I clasped my hand onto the knob of the door. Thank you Jesus for saving me from having to admit anything to him.

The nurse was sitting at her desk, typing frantically on her laptop. Her blonde hair shifted as she looked up, her clear blue eyes meeting mine. She was young, and I could tell that she was popular in high school.

"Pregnancy test?" She asked as she looked between us.

I shook my head frantically, waving my arms for more emphasis. Grayson doubled over in laughter, while my cheeks burned like they were just slapped with a hot frying pan.

"No, nothing like that. I would never....with him and..." I trailed off, looking at the ground.

Grayson put a hand on his heart and feigned hurt. "I'm hurt you think so low of me."

They continued to make fun of me for about five minutes, Grayson's laugh getting louder and my cheeks and my cheeks growing redder.

"Can you just help me?" I ask, irritated the nurse wasn't doing her job.

She stopped laughing and a serious look overtook her face as she remembered I was hurt.

"Whats the matter?"

I showed her the burn and she gasped.

"Thats second degree, how did you get that?"

I was about to answer her by telling her it was an accident, but Grayson swooped in to the rescue. Cough, cough, note the sarcasm.

"We were in chemistry using hot plates and she thought it would be funny to touch them and see what happened." The nurse cracked a smile as he continued his story of me being a klutz, and then rummaged through her drawer to get some burn cream.

"Oops, I forgot to get a new one from the office," she muttered, standing up, "I'll be right back, don't get in too much trouble."

Grayson started laughing again, and my cheeks heated up. She winked at me before she left, and I huffed loudly before sitting on the couch.

"I think we need to talk," Grayson said as he sat down next to me, the cushion sinking from his weight.

I stood up.