Chapter Three: A State of Tension

Well, here we go, I got like, 2 people reading this so that's a good start. Let's just get on with this, shall we?

====================================================

December 25th, 1894: Christmas Day

No one's POV:

                     Britain and his sons were all at Buckingham Palace getting ready for the event, Buckingham Palace was lit up with Christmas Lights and other decorations throughout the palace. A party is about to be thrown, an event, and Britain is the head of it. The party begins at 8:00 PM, it was 7:00 PM already. New Zealand, Canada, and America, who came to help with the event, will all be on a make-shift stage doing live music for the party. They had been practicing since the 23rd, Raj (British India) and South Africa will be walking around the palace, helping out the guests with directions and other things, Hong Kong will welcome the visitors, and finally, Fiji, the Cook Islands, and the 2 Virgin Islands (American and British) will make sure nobody goes upstairs, where all the bedrooms, offices, and other back rooms are.

                     "Is everything ready? All the invitations made it, right?" Britain was throwing question around nervously, this party is going to have the majority of the countries in the world at it, if he screws this up it will be a terrible embarrassment to him. Hong Kong burst through the front doors, "Father! We have a stagecoach incoming!", this early? Britain told everyone to get into positions, it was now 7:30 PM.

                       The stagecoach stopped at the front of the palace. Russia stepped out of the stagecoach, Belarus and Ukraine, Russia's daughters, were driving it. Hong Kong told them to park it on the side of the palace as he opened the front doors for Russia. "Ah, Russia, good to see you've came." Britain said, Russia looked at him, "I came early because wanted to get to the food before anyone else could." Britain chuckled at his joke, Russia walked over to the room where food was laid out. Half-an-Hour later, most guests have arrived, Britain crossed everyone off the list by 8:10 PM, except for one person. France.

France's POV:

                         I haven't seen Britain in a while. The last time I saw him, he was down at a café in the town, but the last time we interacted was more embarrassing then that. My stagecoach was running late, Brittany (The state, not the human name) and Normandy were driving the stagecoach, she thought back to the night after the congress had adjourned, I have no understanding of why I did what I did. I hated Britain, but still apologized, why? Why did I do that?

                        Maybe it was how he did it, how he held up his argument, his words that compelled me. I still don't understand what came over me that day. I was so busy with my thoughts that I didn't even realize we had stopped. The door opened, Hong Kong smiled and helped me out, then directed me to the front door. He told me that the upstairs area was off limits, and some other things to remember, then I entered. I saw a few people in the first room talking with each other, then I walked into the next room and found where everyone else was. There was music, dancing, people were putting gifts under the Christmas tree as well, Normandy approached me a few moments later.

                     "Mother, here is the gift you wanted to put under their tree." he said, "Thank you, Normandy." I took the gift and lightly placed it under the tall Christmas tree, a few minutes later I decided to greet to Britain, but first I needed to find him. I saw the German Empire and tried my best to avoid him, there were tensions between me and him, which is why I needed Britain's help. I remembered what one of my goals for tonight were, I wanted to speak to Britain about Germany. I searched around the different rooms and found him. He was in a room with some tables, display cases, and some other things, he was at a round table with about 5 other people. Russia, Qing China, Italy, Denmark, and Peru were all sitting with him. There was an empty chair, I hesitated at first, but then decided to quietly sit with the other empires and nations.