𝟶𝟷𝟺

╰☆☆☆☆╮

     THE SIX RODE IN THE back of Hopper's truck, having to sit in the back where the seats were put down. They were all tumbling around and groaning in pain when they collided together after turning a corner.

After having driven for a while, the vehicle slowly came to a halt. The doors opened and kids climbed out from the back. Several people that April didn't recognize ran out of the house that they arrived at.

Will's older brother Jonathan was the first person out of the house, shortly followed by Nancy. She called out Mike's name and ran towards him, flinging her arms around him in relief. The party looked at their embrace in confusion.

"I was so worried about you," she told him after she let go of the embrace, but she kept her hands on his shoulders.

"Yeah. Uh... me, too," Mike responded back with furrowed eyebrows. He sounded very unconvincing. The oldest Wheeler sibling looked back at the group. She squinted her eyes at April and Eleven—or rather, what they were wearing.

"Are those my clothes?"

╰☆☆☆☆╮

     AFTER HAVING QUICKLY DRAWN MR. Clarke's tightrope analogy on a piece of paper, Mike started explaining it to the group. Nancy, Jonathan, and Mrs. Byers sat on the couch as the kids sat around the coffee table.

"Okay, so, in this example, we're the acrobat. Will and Barbara, and that monster, they're this flea," he explained as he pointed at the stick figure before the small dot representing the insect. Pointing under the line, he continued, "And this is the Upside Down, where Will is hiding."

"Mr. Clarke said that the only way to get there is through a rip in time and space," Chris continued. Mike nodded his head at the boy, his raven hair flopping as it did so.