𝟶𝟸𝟺

╰☆☆☆☆╮

'𝚍𝚒𝚐 𝚍𝚞𝚐'

     CHRIS AND MIKE WERE LET into the house, and the two were taken aback at the sight. There were papers strewn all over the floors and walls, all covered with dark colored scratches. It was very different from Will's usual drawings, Chris took notice, as the crayon markings were more irregular and erratic.

There were more papers stacked up by the phone that were similar to the ones taped around the house. The harsh blue lines sharply contrasted the messy black that haphazardly surrounded it.

Mrs. Byers brought the two into Will's room where the boy sat on his bead with wide eyes. His skin was covered in a thin layer of sweat. The grey sweatshirt he was wearing was stained. Chris noticed the heavy eye bags underneath his dark brown eyes, which the Royales boy took notice of right away. Will had hazel eyes. Why they were so dark was a mystery to him.

Mike walked around the room, tracing the large blue lines with his pointer finger. Chris sat down next to Will. He didn't get too close to him, afraid that his body heat will affect the boy more.

"It's like..." Will started, staring at the floor in front of him instead of looking at whom he was talking to, "It's like I feel what the shadow monster's feeling. See what he's seeing."

"Like in the Upside Down?" questioned Mike, moving his gaze from the drawings to one of his best friends. Will nodded his head slightly.

"Some of him is there. But some of him is here, too," he answered with furrowed brows, swallowing thickly at the end.

"Here, like, in the house?" Chris asked him, turning his body to face the brunet. Mike started to make his way over towards the other two before stopping and staring at Will, awaiting his answer.

"In this house and... in me," his voice cracked. Mike sat down on Will's right as the two grew increasingly more worried about their friend. "It's like... It's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more. And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel."