Prelouge

First Book so give me a break. There shall be no copying, publishing, or remaking of this book without the consent of the author. All rights reserved. But again first book. I would love to hear your comments to know if you like the book and your suggestions. Tell me what you think will happen and I promise to take all your opinions into account.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Prologue

I'm Emily Jacobs and this is my story. I was 14 and me and my mom were visiting the castle. We were close to the royal family. The kingdom had 17 packs, and my father was the alpha of the kings largest one. He's the Kings general, so my dad has a lot of responsibility. Plus my mom and the queen have been best friends since before either of them were mated.

The queen had two sons. Tyler who was 7 at the time, and Dustin who was two years older than me. He was my best friend. When you are at the castle more than you are your own home you get very acquainted with the people there. Dustin was tall even then, 6 feet tall. He was very strong for his age too. Alphas are the strongest regular wolfs, but royal wolfs are even stronger.Even when Dustin was just at the age of 12, was as strong as my dad. I followed him around like a lost puppy. I guess I was.

I had the biggest crush on him, with his deep green eyes and black as night hair. You know the guys who wear their hair to make it purposely messed up and it makes them look sexy. That was Dustin. That day we went swimming in a pond in the forest. The castle was heavily guarded so we set a small fire to get some of the guards away from their posts. We didn't have a lot of time because once they figured out it was a diversion the guards would be looking for us.

Dustin changed into his wolf since I couldn't shift yet. She wolfs can't shift until they find there mate. And you can't find your mate until the she wolf is 18. Yeah that sucks. Some witch cursed us a really long time ago, so this is how it has been for hundreds of years. So I'm stuck until then. Dustin ran really fast. Faster than any shifter I had ever seen. Even the king. If he was this powerful at 16 when he is older he has was going to be a very powerful shifter.

When we got to the pond, I went behind a tree to change into my bathing suit. I was nervous about letting him see me in it. Being an alpha female, and my dad the head alpha, I knew I was pretty. Guys at school seemed to notice and girls at school were jealous of me. But Dustin never seemed to take notice. I was tall, skinny and curvy, plus my boobs came in early. I had long dark brown hair and medium brown eyes. If you looked closely enough you could see flakes of gold in them.

I had everything a girl could ask for as far as looks go. But around him I was insecure about myself. I stepped out from behind the tree to find him already in his black swim trunks that hing low on his hips. His chest was bear and I had a perfect view of his abs. I swear he had an 8-pack. When I finally looked at his face I saw something flash in his eyes. But I couldn't tell what it was. Then he shook his head as if to shake the thought out of it.

Did he think I looked good. I was wearing a white bikini with blue, green, purple, and pink polka dots.Before I could think about it any more he started walking towards me with a mischievous gleam in his eyes. We were face to face. Well my face was to his chin. My heart was beating like crazy and I couldn't breathe.

Then he picked me up and through me into the pond. I squealed, totally shocked. He laughed and jumped in. I let him come up and get a breath before I pushed him back under. We went at it like that for awhile. An hour later we headed back to the castle. Time to face the music.

When we got back we were ushered into the knig's office. We were scolded and that was it. Then the bad news. That's when I saw my parents in there to. There had been an out break of rouges targeting family's of the king's guard. Since my dad was the king's general my mom and me were big targets. They were sending us into hiding, but my dad couldn't come with us because he had to lead the army against the rouges.This was the start of the war that would last for years to come.

Before me and my mom left we got to say goodbye. I cried when hugging my dad and telling him that I loved him. But when I said goodbye to Dustin I bawled, my heart was breaking. Tears ran down his face but he wasn't hysterical like me. He smiled then wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"I'll see you again Em, don't worry." Was what he said to me using his personal nick name for me. The last thing he did before turning around and walking away was wrapping me in a big hug and kissing me on the forehead. I wouldn't see him again until almost 4 years later.