𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣

LOST
1. not knowing where you are and how to get to a place
2. If something is lost, no one knows where it is
3. not confident and not knowing what to do in a particular situation
4. (of a person) unable to find your way, or (of an item) not to be found

 (of a person) unable to find your way, or (of an item) not to be found

A/N:
please check the little note on the end of this chapter, thank you

Quarantine wasn't easy for anyone and that's a fact, but people who spent it alone
were those whose mental breakdowns were hitting the most.

I was locked at home since the beginning of February. Once they canceled college, I couldn't be happier for I thought it would be less exhausted and better since I'd be locked with my boyfriend, little did I knew that he'd be stuck in the uk.

Timmy left for the uk in January, for he had rehearsals for his new play. He seemed really excited and I was happy for him, but I wish he had never left. He asked me to go with him, unfortunately I had to refuse it because the cons of dating a 3 years older person is that, while his working, you're still in college.

Things in New York were far from good. People started getting buried in mass graves and the familiars of the victims couldn't even mourning. It was the sad reality. This virus fucked us all. The president of the US soon closed the borders and the airports so anyone would be able to get in or out, I know he did the right thing but I wished he had extended the rule for more one day so my beloved boyfriend could come home.

It took us a while to get used of the situation, to get used that every time we'd go out, we'd need to wear masks and keep social distancing. New York didn't look like New York. The big city lights once illuminated and shiny, were now dark, the streets full of people and cars, empty, it was like everyone died and you're living on a simulation. The number of deaths, as well as the infected, were getting higher and higher as the days passed, it was simply scary.

Everything was closed, malls, boutiques, hotels, parks, beaches, only supermarkets and hospitals would be open, with strict rules to follow, obviously. The first 2 weeks of emergency state were honestly the best (or worst depending on the point of view), since people hadn't understood how critical the situation was, and that, kept them sane.

A month before, therefore on March, students started having online classes, and you might think being homeschooled it's great, but for me it is not, you have the pay more attention and you can't share thoughts with your colleagues.

I am a literature student, I've always had interest on these kinds of things and I definitely love writing, it might have started as a hobby, but right now, it's what I want to do for life. I'm an exchange student, I was born in Europe and lived there until I made 17, then I moved to NY with my best friend.

Since I've started being homeschooled life has been much more complicated, the dues of assessments are shorter, the lessons are more exhausting... I have never complained much about it, for I felt lucky for being at home, protected, but today, was not my day. My teacher gave me a unique opportunity to write a couple of chapters, so I could apply to a competition, and maybe if I won, I'd be noticed by many great authors who'd maybe, want partnerships. He gave me 3 weeks to do it, however I haven't felt inspired at all to even write a single word and I only have 2 more days to complete it. I usually don't cry over the slightest things, but I just don't know how to handle these things anymore. I began this year with too much hope 'this will be my year!' I remember saying, and although I had been still with hope that it would still 'be my year' and that everything would be alright, that hope died faster than what I'd like. I could feel a mental breakdown coming.