Chapter 11

Y/n POV:

"How long has this been going on for?" I asked with concern in my voice.

"Since I was 8 years old," he muttered, hanging his head low.

I can't believe his dad beats him and his mom. "Let's tell my parents. They might know what to do," I suggested.

"No! If I tell anyone, my dad might kick me and my mom out of the house. My mom and I won't have anywhere else to stay!" He spits out almost instantly, worries coursing through his voice.

"How about you stay with my family? There is a guest room in my house. Maybe my parents will let you and your mom stay there." I could see how scared he was and frightened of his father and knew he needed to get away from that environment.

"If we tell your parents, I will get in trouble, and my mom will get beaten!"

"Sev! If we don't tell my parents, your dad will still continue hurting you and your mom. I know you care about your mom and don't want her to get hurt."

"I'm scared! What if your parents don't believe me? What if they stop letting me hang out with you and Lily!?"

I gave Sev a big hug. "I will be with you when you explain. I will help you, so you don't need to be scared," I reassured him.

"Okay...I will tell your parents," Sev agreed.

We walked to my house. On the way there, Sev was silent the whole time. I held his hand, hoping it would make him feel better.

We reached my front door, and I unlocked the door. I shouted, "Mum! Dad! I'm home!"

"Okay, honey. We are in the kitchen making (favorite dessert)!" Dad said.

I guided Severus to the kitchen. Mum and Dad were eating (favorite dessert). "Mum! Dad! Meet my friend Severus Snape!" I introduced.

"Nice to meet you, Severus," Dad said.

"Severus, have some (favorite dessert)," Mum said, handing Severus some (favorite dessert).

"Thanks, Mrs. Evans," Severus said, taking some (favorite dessert)

"You're very welcome and call me Rose," Mum said.

"Mum, is Lily and Tuney awake yet?" I asked. I don't want Lily or Tuney to overhear the conversation.

"Both of them are still sleeping," Mum replied.

"Mum, Dad, Severus, and I have something to tell you," I said quietly. Just like Severus, I am a little nervous about talking to my parents about the issue.

"What is it, honey?" Dad asked, furrowing his brow a little.

I took a deep breath and said, "Severus's dad beats Severus and his mom."

Mum and Dad were shocked by what I said. Mum dropped the (favorite dessert) she was holding, and Dad looked at Severus and me in disbelief.

"Severus, is this true?" Dad asked, still a little shocked by the news.

Severus just nodded with a blank expression on his face.

"Can you show us your injuries, Severus?" Mum asked quietly.

Severus rolled up his sleeves, and there were many purple bruises on his arm. I gasped at the sight of all those bruises on his arm. I still can't believe the fact that Severus was beaten by his father.

"Severus, can you show us where you live? We need to talk to your mother," Dad said.

Severus gave a nod and led us to an old looking house. My dad knocked on the door. A pale skinny opened the door.