Chapter 4

How is this possible? I CANT have a mate! can i?? I thought they said I couldn't cause I'm a hybrid. I'm so confused.

Once I got a good distance in the woods I texted my mom

Hey mom we have a problem

A few seconds later

What's wrong honey?!?

A few seconds later she appeared in front of me.

"Do I have a mate?"

She looked stunned by the question. "well baby they said u shouldn't have one, why?"

I took a big breath and told her everything that happened.

"Ok well I'm not an expert Sky so u might need to go to Alpha John and ask."

Alpha John- our wolf pack leader, he's very tall and is about 40 maybe, also has green eyes and dark hair.

"Ok thanks mom, but what if this Chase guy comes and talks to me?! I have seen how the male wolfs can get when their mate doesn't talk to them. it's scary." my mom pulled me into a hug and kissed my head.

"Baby you will be fine, just tell him to wait until tomorrow for your answer, ok?" I nodded in agreement.

"Ok good now I was in the middle of helping a gremlin get his pig out of a raccoon hole. love you sweetie." And she was gone and I just laughed, my mom the helping wood fairy.

Walking back to school I heard a twig brake. freezing in my tracks I waited. the sound of crunching leaves came a few seconds later.

Using my super speed I ran up the tree to were I could see but not be seen.

My follower walked into view and it was Chase.

"I know your out here Skyla I can smell your sent, which is very... different."

"In a good or bad way?" I asked and before my voice got to his already heighten ears I ran to a tree and leaned against it while he looked up to were I was.

"What the-"

"Over here." I smiled

He turned and looked very confused. he must not know what I am perfect.

"How did u? never mind, Why did u ditch me? don't u feel it?" While he was talking he got closer. a lot closer.

"Um can u stay there I'm not sure this mate thing is right."

" What are u talking about I can tell u are my mate. wait how old are you?"

"15 and you?" I asked with curiosity

"17. wait how are you a junior?"

"I skipped a year or two." I said like it was no big deal.

"Oh ok well your not 16 yet so u haven't heard your wolf." as soon as he said that a songle thought went threw my mind, I'm never going to hear my wolf. ever cause she's not fully there. My smirk fell and I was over comed with sadness, so I liked up into his eyes and said good bye. I didn't get far tho before he grabbed my arm.

"Wait what's wrong?" I didn't hear the concern in his voice because all I was focused on was the sparks and tingles that shot threw my hole body from his touch. I slowly looked up and saw he was concern in his eyes, but why? We just meet each other why is he having those feelings?

"Nothing um I just have to go right now, I'm srry." and with that I ran faster than he could realize.

It was 7th period when I finally went back to class. I went home and change cause his scent was on it and that was destractin me, I also missed lunch so I ate at home.

So sitting here in 7th period, math, we weren't doing anything and I was so bored with nothing to do. great.

I sat in the back of the class next to the big open windows. it was a bright day today but when u look into the woods it's dark. and amongst the darkness stood a figure by a tree.

Me-Hey Jess do u see that guy out by the tree line? I asked with our telepathy powers that every member of the pack has.

Jess-Yah can u get a scent on him or see his face?

Me-Not the scent but he looks young, maybe 19 or 20? he has I think dirty blonde hair, long. but I can't tell anything els. Sound familiar?

Jess-Not really maybe he's new and we will meet him tonight?

Me-Yah maybe

Then the conversation ended and the guy that was in the tree line was gone.

The bell rang a few minutes later and school was out. everyone went to there cars and the people in my pack piled up in each other's cars and headed to the pack house to get ready for the meeting/ bonfire.