Ashley

Tini POV

Ashley sat across the table from Gumball and I, twisting her finger in the long white streak that fell directly in the middle of her face.

"So, Ashley, do you have any family in the area?" I ask, trying to start a conversation and break the akward silience.

"Nah. I ran away from home when I was thirteen, because my parents were against me becoming a wizard." She said like it was no big deal. Gumball almost choked on his water when he heard her answer.

"That's sad. I'd give anything to be with my parents again." I say. I don't know why, but I feel like I need to convince her running away from home is a bad thing.

"Not my parents. My old man works all the time, and when he's off work he's at the bar. Mom is always trying to keep herself busy, so she doesn't remember how depressed she is without Dad." Ashley said as Marshall entered, carrying a plater of pizza bites.

"Walah. You're favorite, Tini." He said placing the plater in the middle of the table then took a seat across from Gumball, giving him a slight I-can't-believe-I-have-to-be-nice-to-you stare.

"Thank you, Marshall, they look delicious." I say, grabbing a couple and putting them on my plate.

"So," Ashley said after eating one of the bites, "You're the prince Marshall hates so much, who is dating his sister. Gumwad is it?" She said staring right at Gumball.

"It's Gumball, actually. Gumwad is just what Marshall calls me." He said, ignoring Marshall and I's slight giggle at Ashley calling him Gumwad, which he hates.

The night went on, we talked, ate, played board games. At the end of the night Marshall walked us to the door.

"Thank for coming Tini." Marshall said giving me a hug.

"Ashley seems like... I dont know how to put this... just not for you." I say hoping not to get to bad of a reaction.

"Yeah, well Gummy over here isn't my favorite either, but we'll just have to deal with each other's mistakes." He says turning to the door and floating off.

"Mistakes?" Gumball asks just before Marshall closes the door.

"Mistakes?" He asks again to me as we walk away.

"Don't listen to him. He's just being Marshall." I say and he kisses my forehead.

"I love you." He whispers in my ear.

"I love you too." Gumball is no mistake.