Chapter 25

Chresanto's P.O.V

Your probably telling me im fucking stupid. Well i know. I put my whole family in jeopardy because i thought i could be all hard and shit. Dont get me wrong im not no bitch but im not trying to get back in this gang shit when my life is lined up were i want it to be right now. I love Jacob i love my daughter even more. I broke down inside seeing that house blow up. I didnt know that was going to happen. I let my ego get in the way of my responsibilities. Protecting my family. Good thing nothing was really in the house. We had decided to move in with Jacob instead of me last week. We only went back to my house to get Veah's minnie mouse blanket but i guess i have to buy her a new one huh. When we got to Jacob's house Veah was sleep and he put her in Rachel's old room which is now her's. He ignored my presents and walked into the kitchen.

Me: im sorry

I mumbled. He looked at me and chuckled.

Jacob: me to. Im sorry for Veah she has to go through this and she's not even old enough to understand yet.

Me: im even more sorry to her. I put my own daughter in danger and... And

I couldnt even get the sentence out before i started choking on my words. Tears were threatening to fall but i ignored them and kept talking

Me: and i wouldnt be able to live if anything happened to her or you. What i did was stupid i know that and i regret it. i just hope that you forgive me and never leave me. I love you to much for that. You and Neveah keep me looking forward to another day. If it wasnt for yall i would probably be dead by now.

Jacob: think about that. All that you just said before you go and think you can be Captin damn America and make decisions on your own about everything.

Me: do you at least forgive me ?

I sniffed and waited for his response. He stood there silent. He sighed and nodded yes. I smiled and hugged him.

Jacob: i'll always be here for you and love but.....nigga get off me ! I forgive you but dont mean im not mad !

Me: understandable

I backed up and cheesed like an idiot.

Jacob: promise me you'll leave these gang niggas alone. Just pay them the money they want and let it be.

Me: Jacob it dosent work like that

Jacob: then how does it work ?

He sat on the counter with a bowl of strawberries and bit into one.

Me: if i pay them there going to keep coming back asking for more and more until im completely broke or.......dead.

Jacob: so how do you get out of all this !!!?

Me: Jacob the only way for me to get out of this is to join a gang and take them out one by one until there all dead.

Jacob: What ?! Im not built for this gang shit !

Me: i wasnt either but look at me !

Jacob: look at me !! I have a female shape ! Your not getting int his gang shit !

Me: so you'd rather me be completely broke and us living on the streets instead ?

Jacob: *sighs* No

Me: ok then i have to. But my baby girl what am i going to do

Jacob: Chres you have to send her out of state

Me: why !!!

Jacob: they'll find a way to get to her if she stays here !

Me: im not letting her go anywhere without me !