beige ► 𝗘𝟭𝗖𝟲𝟵𝟵.

"yes jisung, i brought a bottle of water with me!"

felix groaned into the phone, getting quite exasperated with the male on the other end. he wasn't a kid, why was jisung constantly nagging him? he walked down the road, trying to end the call with his over protective friend as fast as possible.

"yes, i'll be safe. i'm twenty, remember? i'm literally an adult!" felix sassed, rolling his eyes and mocking jisung with his hands since the other couldn't see him. he had forgotten to meet back up with his friends yesterday at the fair, and jisung had practically blown up his phone with calls! maybe that was why he was being so over protective and annoying today.

"kay, i'm hanging up now ... yes ugh, i'll call you once i get home! ... i love you too."

felix clicked the hang up button and rolled his eyes, a small smile making its way across his face. only jisung would yell at him and call him stupid, and then end all the call's with an "i love you" every time. sometimes that's all he really needed, a rude awakening and some love.

he walked down the street with only his laptop case and a bottle of water jisung had forced him to take with him. he was walking down the long, deserted road where he remembered he had found the shop yesterday. as felix walked down the familiar street, his eyes were yet again drawn to the fallen buildings.

something small inside him crumbled a second time to see all these once beautiful buildings now broken and shriveled down to pieces, it really did sadden he boy to see something so bright become almost... just purely nothing.

felix shivered, looking away from the torn down architecture and approaching the front of the store. he looked up at the sign once again, reading it for a second time.

"hué : pallide"

what did that mean anyway? he would have to ask chan once he got inside. felix gently pushed open the door of the shop, the small bell ringing once he stepped a foot inside. he was once again blown away by the artistry of the store itself, not getting enough of the way it was constructed. it was just plain brilliant, he was sure it would never get old to him.

right as the door closed, felix looked up to see a stout man sitting on a beige stool at the register. the man gasped and jumped up from his seat, quickly running over to felix and almost tripping while doing so.

"oh hi nice to meet you i'm changbin and welcome to hyooe pallaidsy sorry i don't know how to pronounce the store name but yes welcome i hope you find something you like would you like me to show you around because i am a worker here and y—"

the slightly shorter man kept on rambling on at a rather quick pace. felix could barely understand what he was saying! who is this changbin man and why is he talking so damn fast? he didn't even know what to say, the man wouldn't stop bloody rambling!

felix heard a chuckle come from the other side of the store, looking up to see chan getting up from his place at the easel to come and approach them. he was wearing a black hoodie and sweats, much more causal than what felix had seen him in yesterday. he quickly walked up to the pair and ushered changbin away.

"oh dear! changbin please go back to the register." chan sighed out, glancing quickly at felix with a playful glint in his eyes.

"yes of course mr. bang it is my duty to listen to you and i will go now to sit at my place at the register and count and receive money and i promise i am completely f—"

"changbin!"

"yes sorry i'll go now."

"it's quite alright, you're alright. now be a good lad and go off to the register." chan said softly, patting the boy's back and watching him to make sure that he followed through with the instructions. when he saw that changbin had seated himself back at the register, he turned back to a very confused felix.