Questioning Intensions

The following week, David is preparing all the equipment for Anna; she's ready to start therapy. "Do we need all this?" asked Anna while trying to hold the pole.

David chuckled while holding her up to walk; "We sure do, if you wanna recover fully by May."

She hesitated to move her leg to take the next step and exclaimed, "May!"

David replied, "Well yea, that's the most realistic date, with your injuries."

She then continued walking down the length of the pole, while shaking her head.

"I'm so sorry if you're disappointed, but I don't like to give my patients false hope," David said professionally.

"It's okay, I understand; it's just that I had so many plans for April," she uttered in despair.

David grinned slightly and then said, "Don't worry, you look like a fighter; we'll see how it goes."

David thought he was doing a great job maintaining a professional demeanor around Anna until it was time for her to sit down. He stood directly in front of her, her arms outstretched and her legs between his. The look on her face was so pleasant and welcoming, she smiled so eloquently and her enlightened mood somehow passed through David's body like telepathy.

"Thank you," she expressed as soon she settled in the chair.

"No need to thank me, Anna, this is my job," David expressed while gathering the therapy equipment.

"Okay so first, we'll begin by doing some stretching exercises, you ready?" David asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be," she said in frustration.

David flexed her legs up-down, and then pushed it in up to her face and out, away from her body.

"Ouch," she exclaimed when he had had her leg in a specific position.

"Ohh, I see what's happening here," David exclaimed while trying to relieve the area.

He slowly sunk his fingers into her soft, warm caramel skin. He massaged just above her ankles in a circular motion and looked at her to see if she received any more discomfort.

He realized that she felt the exact opposite, so much so that she laid her head on the pillow at the top of the chair, her eyes slightly closed.

"Ok, let's go again," David continued.

Appearing a bit disappointed that he stopped, she stuttered in response, "Ok."

A few minutes went by and Anna completed her first exercise.

"You're doing great," let's move on.

Disrupting his focus, Jasmine came in, "Well hello there," while looking directly at Anna.

David paused, and rolled his eyes while looking at the ground.

Jasmine walked into the room and introduced herself to Anna.

Anna seemed a bit confused as to who she was and why she was in the room.

Before David could introduce Jasmine, she said sarcastically, "Wow, I can't begin to imagine how uncomfortable you are."

David then interrupted her, "Don't you have work to do Jasmine?"

"Well hello to you too David," she replied while curling her hair in her hands.

David shook his head and continued, "Ok Anna, are you feeling discomfort when I do this?" while attempting to elevate one of her legs.

Anna nodded her head to say no.