three

◜                                               ◝
quiet down - nct dream
2:06  ──────|─── 3:08
|◁              II             ▷|
∞            ↺
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %
◟                                                ◞

...

chan leaned against his car, waiting for jeongin to walk out of the school. usually jeongin was there already, but for some reason he was taking longer than he normally would.

just as chan was starting to get worried, he saw the boy run towards him with a big smile on his face. chan instantly smiled back, jeongin's clear happiness causing chan to feel giddy. that's normal to feel when your best friend is happy, chan told himself.

"chan you will never believe what just happened! oh my gosh, i think i might combust from happiness." jeongin squealed, grabbing chan by the shoulders and shaking him.

chan stopped jeongin from shaking him too much. "okay, okay, get in the car and tell me all about it." chan chuckled.

jeongin quickly got in the car, struggling to buckle his seatbelt from just how joyful he felt in the moment. the boy couldn't believe his luck. maybe the world was on his side for once.

"so tell me, what happened?" chan questioned, eyes on the road.

"beomgyu asked me out!" jeongin screeched, making chan wince.

chan let what jeongin said process, eyes widening. "what?!" he yelled.

"yeah, i couldn't believe it either. i was walking towards the exit, and he ran up to me. and of course i was internally freaking out, but i acted all cool. so i was like 'what's up' and he was like 'uh i don't know how else to ask, so wanna go out' and i wanted to scream cuz he was so cute. and i said yes, and we exchanged numbers." jeongin quickly said, gasping for breath when he finished.

"oh, wow. i'm so happy for you." chan said, not sounding happy at all.

jeongin pouted. "you don't sound happy."

"i am. i'm just shocked. you've liked him for years, and it will be your first date." chan quickly reassured him.

"holy crap! it is! oh no, what do i do? i've never been on a date! what are dates even like? gasp, what if he tries to kiss me." jeongin said worriedly.

"okay, first of all, did you just say gasp out loud? and second of all, don't worry, we'll come up with a plan if that situation arises." chan said, parking the car in his driveway seeing as they had arrived home.

"yes, i did say gasp out loud. got a problem with it? i'll fight you. and okay, hurry up! we gotta get inside and start planning." jeongin yelled, running out of the car and to chan's front door.

chan followed him inside. going upstairs to his room. jeongin hopped on his bed, turning towards chan.

"so, what's the plan, chan the man?" jeongin giggled.

"well, what do you have in mind, innie?"

"i don't know. that's why i asked you, stupid." he joked, sticking his tongue out.

...

it had been an hour of the two trying to come up with a suitable plan for jeongin's date. they had decided that beomgyu and jeongin should get ice cream at the new ice cream parlor, called "get cool ice cream" (haha get it ;) cuz the song get cool. okay i'll leave), but they had yet to come up with a plan incase beomgyu tried to kiss him.

they were sitting there, when suddenly chan got an idea. he let the words tumble out before he even realized it.

"you could kiss me."

...

ooouuu it's getting spicy

haha sorry if this is starting
off kinda cliche, i
promise it'll get better.

have you ever been
on a date?

i have.
it was so awkward,
we said like two
words to each other.

tbh, i'm really excited for
this story. it's been so so
so long since i last wrote,
so i'm happy to be starting
again. hopefully, my
writing skills aren't too
rusty lmao.

remember:
you are loved
you are beautiful
be safe and happy
<3