Chapter 1 "The Day That Changed Everything"

Prologue

We live in a small village called Hyacinth, like the flower, but only it is a place of sands and rocks mostly. No single flower has ever bloomed here since who knows when.

In the middle of the village stood a house made of bricks. This is where I live with my mother and two younger sisters, Carmilla and Linette. Carmilla is 2 years younger, and shorter in height than I am, she has a silky long hair, and pearl white skin while Linette is just 8 years old, a very cute plum girl with a curly hair. Not to mention my uncle named John, the owner of the house. He is my mother's older brother. A man with no remorse. He is a fat swine who is drunk on most days. In the rare days when he is sober, he could be really violent with the girls. There was a time when he almost raped Carmilla. It made me furious but I had to let it go because my family has nowhere else to go. Someday he will pay what he owed to us. I'll make sure of it.

I have been meaning to leave the house with my family for quite a while now.

Life has been really hard since our father died. I was 16 then. He has taught me wood-works of which the reason I landed a carpentry job in Coldhearth. Although the work there can hardly make a living, a choice is a luxury I can't afford.

I have dreamt of a good life for them. A place of freedom, joy, and peace. Until then, I have to endure hardships and pain.

__________________________________________

Chapter 1 "The day that changed everything"

Daylight broke on my face. I mingled a few moments before I got out of bed. There was a feeling of dizziness in my head. Surely it was the ale I drank last night while celebrating Emanuel's 19th birthday. I guess I had too much to drink.

Mother sat on the chair across the table preparing the day's meal. The girls are still fast asleep.

"Why don't you fill something in your stomach first before you head to work, Darling?" She said.

"I'm alright mother." I answered. "And besides I'm already getting sick of potatoes. Surely I will throw it up if I happen to get another bite." I said politley while picking up my things before heading out.

As I was about to leave the house, I can't help myself but think that the meal is hardly enough for the three of them. I sigh at the thought.

See you later mother.

See you later darling.

I headed out to the barn where Sunny is well kept. She is one of the last mementos of my late father. A beautiful filly she is. White as snow.

"Let's go Sunny, we have a long journey ahead of us."

Coldhearth is atleast hours north from here. A place where all the common working men meet in the kingdom. Works of different functions with very low wage. You could hear the clanking of metals from a mile a way and the stale air polluting the streets.

As we have reached the south passage of Coldhearth, there is a tall wall looming in its wake. The Red Gate.

It is said that the blood of the enemies of the Armada is painted in it's walls. Hence the name.

Two gate watchers stood unwavering outside the red gate where they inspect every man that passes through.

As we approached the gate, I showed the gate watchers a green lace, a worker's pass. Green means wood-workers, silver means blacksmiths, red means stone masons, and the list goes on and on.

The gate watchers let us pass. Just beyond the gate situates a hut where Mr. Wilburn dwells as he tends to the stables across from it. A moderately tall old man that lived most of his days tending horses