Chapter 10 "The Lord Of Greenwood Moat"

Forgive me my lord, I didn’t know. Harriet said as she slightly bowed her head.

My name is Hector Sommer, I assume you’re not from here are you? Lord Hector said.

The knights removed the men from the spikes including Edmund.

No my lord, we are traders just passing through Renwich, when our companion was taken away from us by the Necromancer. Some of our group is still at the town. Harriet responded.

You can spend the night at the castle where it is safe. Lord Hector said.

That is kind of you my lord but I think it is best we’d be on our way. Harriet said.

What’s the rush? Please, I insist. Lord Hector said. Besides it is too late at night to travel. My men will escort the rest of your group back at the castle.

We nodded in agreement for we didn’t want to get exposed. The sigil of a crane in Lord Hector’s armor means he’s one of the king’s banner-men.

Before we go my lord, let us bury our friend here. He’s name was Edmund. Harriet said.

Lord Hector nodded.

The other knights helped us to dug a deep grave so that Ellaija’s father would at least have a proper burial.

How are we going to say this to Ellaija? I asked Harriet.

I’m not sure how she’ll take it but she has to know. Harriet replied.
Whatever truths he had will be buried along with his grave.

Where’s Marcus anyway? Harriet said.

Maybe back at the woods, I haven’t seen him since the Necromancer died. Ander responded.

That’s better, someone to look out for us. Harriet said.

We marched to the Greenwood Moat situated in the east together with Lord Hector and his men.

Stay collected everyone. Harriet discreetly whispered to us. I don’t know him and he’s a banner-men of the king.

As we finally reached the castle, it was surrounded by a body of water, a draw bridge was used to pass and enter. There was a sigil of a crane engraved at the front walls of the castle.

The Lord has returned! Lower the bridge! A soldier from the ramparts shouted.

We entered as the draw bridge touched down.

A man approached Lord Hector and said, was the hunt successful my lord?

We finally managed to track her down and kill her. Lord Hector replied. No more missing person reports, at least for now.

These are our guests. Lord Hector added. Give them warm baths, fresh clothes, and good supper. Make sure the guest quarters are unoccupied, they will be staying for the night.

At once my lord. The man responded.

Lord Hector shifts his attention to us and said, my servants will attend to you shortly, I’m heading back to my quarters to rest, it has been a long day, please feel at home, we’ll continue our conversation tomorrow.

Thank you my lord. Harriet responded as we slightly bowed our heads.

After a short while, a servant approached us and said, I’ll lead you to the bathhouse, please follow me.

We removed our dirty clothes and entered the warm pool. The women are at the next door.

Ooohh, this eases up all of my nerves. Yves comfortably said.