Individual Two

Text copyright © Truth of Imagination ™ 2014

The moral right of the author has been asserted. All rights reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or retransmitted in whole or in part, in any manner, without the written consent of the copyright holder, and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

A single copy of the materials available in this story may be made, solely for personal, non-commercial use. Individuals must preserve any copyright or other notices contained in or associated with them. Users may not distribute said copies to others, whether or not in electronic or in hard copy, without prior written consent of the copyright holder of the materials. Contact information for requests for permission to reproduce or distribute materials available through this course are listed below:

truth.of.imagination.1@gmail.com

All rights reserved. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People are everywhere. I cannot concentrate on where I am going. Or what I am doing. I think that this is one of those times when people say that they think their head is going to explode, which is wrong and stupid because their head is not going to explode. These are just words that people say to fill silence because they think that silence is wrong or bad, but it is not. There is nothing wrong with quiet, just like there is nothing wrong with being alone.

People are afraid of being alone.  They travel in crowds because it makes them feel safe. But we are at the top of the food chain, we do not have predators chasing us, trying to eat us, so we do not need crowds.

The only thing we have to be scared of is other people.

 I do not like crowds because in crowds people get touched in private places, or get stabbed, which makes their blood come out. I look at all the strangers around me, because strangers are dangerous and they will try to hurt me, so I watch them, so I will be ready.

I turn around and around, watching everyone. People stare at me, which makes me nervous, so I stare back and shout, or make loud dog noises, because loud dogs scare people. I begin to turn again when someone pushes me. I look at the person, who is a young man, and he scares me, so I scream at him and try to hit him, but he steps back before I can reach him. He wipes his pants, which are black with small, dotted, white stripes and says sorry, and I scream at him. He walks off quickly and almost falls.

I decide that I have to find a way out of the crowd, so that I can get home. I do not like people touching me, which is another reason I do not like crowds.

I walk past the park, which is mostly green, because of the trees and grass. I like the park, because people do not go there. It is quiet, and there is no one to say stupid things, or touch me, or stab me. I begin to walk to the park, to get out of the crowd, and decide that I will wait there until the crowd is gone, so I can go home safely. I get closer to the park, and I see the man who shoved me, watching leaves get pushed by the wind. He takes off his shoes and I wonder if he has sore feet, or if he lives in the park, because I cannot think of any more reasons why someone would take their shoes off in a park, because parks are dirty. I turn around and walk home, because the man scares me more than the crowd does, because he has tried to hurt me, and I do not want him to try again.