Chapter 7

Carmen~

We walked out of the madness of the house. Loud, crazy, and just a riot wasn't my thing. I liked quiet, peace, and comfortable places. Especially when it rains. It feels lovely, just staying inside in a warm, comfy place while everything on the outside was cold. I walked out of the house with Jack J. He was quite alright. I just barely met him so I couldn't say much but in physical appearance he was handsome. "So Carmen, tell me about yourself." He said as he shivered and put his hands in his pocket as we walked. I didn't know where we're going but anywhere else other than that house. I shrugged at the question. "What's there to know?" I asked looking forward. "Hm...how long have you lived here?" He asked smiling at me as I thought. "My whole life. But I don't really like it." I frowned and he raised his eyebrow. "Why?" He asked. "Because, it's always hot here, and it's all about drugs and parties and bitches." I frowned and rolled my eyes at the thought. "Obviously, it's California." He smirked a bit and I brushed my hair back. "I know. But after this, I want to move to Washington." I smiled slightly at the thought. I can feel him smile at me. "Where did you live before here?" I asked breaking that stare. I didn't mind it's that I didn't want him getting any ideas about an us. "Oh um...Ohio." He said breaking out of his thoughts. "Why'd you guys move here?" I said not wanting to be mean but it's a thought that won't escape my mind. "Supposedly they had trouble at there old school." Selena said 2 days before they came. I looked at him and he huffed. "Well we just weren't really into that school. Everyone looked up to us or followed us. We just wanted to get out of that light. We just wanted to go to a school that we'd be equal as everyone." He explained and I nodded. It didn't really have a difference here with us. We were people other people were scared of. I didn't really like that reputation but I just went with it. Just to quickly get the school year done. "I know how you feel." I sighed as we walked over to the swings of the dark park. Yeah it was cold, but it was quiet and peaceful. He smiled slightly at me. "Maybe we can work on that together." He smiled and I smiled slightly back at him. We sat on the swings together. We pushed ourselves slightly but feet still on the ground. The metal that kept the swings up, was cold with frost. My hand couldn't help it so I put my hands in my pocket. "Carmen?" He asked looking at me. "Yeah." I said turning to him. "Why do you hang out with Kasandra and Selena?" He asked and I stared at him in shock. Sure, I've been asked that by multiple people but I never thought he would. "Why do you ask?" I asked raising my eyebrow. "Because, they seem like rebels. You don't. Your different." He explained and I stared at him. "First of all, you don't know them, so don't judge them. And, I hang out with them because they're my sisters. They've been there for me." I explained and he grabbed my hand. "Carmen, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you mad." He said with guilt. Usually I would of smacked him and stormed to smoke but I calmed down. He seemed cool, and to be honest, I didn't want to lose his friendship. "I'm sorry. I just get a bit bitchy sometimes." I shook my head and laid back on the swing. "No it's fine. It's my fault, I shouldn't have asked." He smiled slightly and I smiled back. "We should get back." I smiled and we stood up walking back but stopped in front of the sidewalk. "How about we go to Kasandra's house. I don't want to go back to the party." He asked and I nodded. "Good call." I smiled and we walked to Kasandra's house.

"Truth or Dare?" Jack G asked me smirking. I hated this game, but I knew if I chose not to play, Selena and Kasandra were going to call me chicken. I felt like Truth or Dare was a normal game from the start but now in this generation, nothing goes right in Truth or Dare. "Dare." I frowned and he smiled. "7 minutes of heaven with JJ." He pointed and at that point I wanted to smack that smirk right off his face but I stood up, and walked to the damn closet with JJ. We stood in the closet quietly for a second, but then JJ took out his phone and shined it in the closet. Even though it was dark, I could see him smile through the brightness of the phone. I smiled back. For the rest of the minutes we sent notes to each other on his phone. We kept giggling, which made the others think we were doing something bad. Of course.