1. The Chosen

Hey Guys! This book has been RE-UPLOADED after being deleted!!!

THANK YOU FOR THE 1 MILLION+ READS!!!!

BOOK TWO OUT NOW! Check my page!

Nevaeh - pronounced 'Na-Vay-uh' / 'na-vay-a'
------------

CHAPTER 1: The Chosen

"Are you ready?"

It's ironic to think that even after several years of preparation, I really didn't feel the slightest bit ready.

To say the least, I was shit scared.

I shook my head, slouching into the chair. My mother, Danielle's emerald eyes filled with pity as she rubbed my shoulders.

"You'll be fine. If I can do it, you can too." She reassured me, picking up a lilac pin, pinning it to my dress.

But, it was different for my mother. She knew exactly what she was getting herself into.

I didn't.

"Okay, okay, we don't want to keep everyone waiting." My older sister excitedly reminded.

I shot my eyes to the mirror in front of me, gazing at my reflection, my caramel skin glistening in the sunlight. My brown eyes filled with unwelcome tears.

Every year a female wolf is chosen at random to mate with the Alpha. Last year my sister, Sierra was selected to stand before Alpha Damian, An alpha of the Pack Luminous. That day, I remember her excitement and confidence. She was a beautiful wolf, tall and strong.

To her dismay, he didn't choose her. Alpha Damian chose Elle Boltman man - Sierra's best friend.

This obviously angered Sierra and she spent several days in her room refusing to speak or eat. I never understood why she was so devastated. Sierra had gotten the attention of several males in the Pack, many had fallen for her but instead, she chose to obsess over mating with an alpha.

And after all, being twenty-five and still unmated, she was anxious to be selected this year.

The meeting ceremony was the time at which unmated males and occasionally unmated Alphas would travel to various parks in search of a mate. Once a mate is selected, they will be bonded by blood. The pair would be bonded even further after the copulation has been completed. Recently turning twenty-one, I had come of age to be selected to partake in this patriarchal ritual.

My father, Joshua whom I had got my bronze complexion and dark features from was the Beta in the Mooncrest pack. His position entailed that his two daughters were mated as soon as possible to strengthen our bloodline.

I hated the fact that Alphas were able to choose any female they wanted based solely on their appearance.

This defied the true meaning of mates. Mates were created by the moon goddess for the purpose of a soulmate, a lifelong partner. Instead, these Alphas ruined the sacred tradition centuries ago for their ultimate game. History retells the horrific story of an alpha King who rejected his True Mate believing that she was too weak to rule beside him. He got so high off his power and became greedy. As a result, his Luna lived in exile, dying a slow and lonely death. This angered the Moon Goddess and as a result, the bond of True Mates was severed, allowing everyone the choice of their own mate.

Although this was better in a sense, some part of me wanted there to be True mates: A person created just for you. Instead, true mates were very rare in the werewolf society.

* *

"I'm so excited! I heard that this Alpha is the hottest of them all." Sierra squealed into my ear as we walked into the ceremony hall.