60. Dog-Tired

5:30 PM

Cyrus walked towards us, stepping in front of me, about a metre from Josiah. Even at the height of Josiah, Cyrus still appeared to look tall, taller even. He examined Josiah carefully, his arms folded over his chest. I held my breath in, waiting for his outburst.

"What's up with his eyes?" He asked me calmly, turning slightly to me then back to Josiah. "It worked," I said simply.

"He's much better now," I added, stepping from behind him to stand in front of him. "What's your definition of much better?" He raised his eyebrows at me. His muscles bulging from his tight grey long-sleeved top. If looks could fucking kill...

"I don't want to feed on you," Josiah spoke up and Cyrus pursed his lips forward, nodding his head, thinking.

"So, what now?" He asked me,

"What..? You're not going to yell at me for not listening to you?" I asked in shock.

"Love, when do you ever listen to me?" He smirked and snaked his arm around my waist. "and I'm proud of you," He added, placing a kiss on my forehead. I looked at him with my eyebrows creased in utter shock at his calmness.

"So," He said loudly, turning to Josiah, "What now?" He asked again.

"I have agreed to fight with you against the other rogues. They're coming sooner than we think and you'll need all the help you can get against them."

"We don't need help. She's doing you and your people a favour by healing you. If it were up to me, and if she listened to me, for once, I wouldn't let her near you." Cyrus snared and I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"You're right. Your Pack is indeed strong enough to take them. But the Strange man is still out there and we don't know if they've recruited and turned more rogues into those beasts."

"Would you recognise him if you saw him?" Cyrus asked him, releasing me from his hold.

"Yes." Josiah nodded, "And I know where the rest of my people are hiding and I'll convince them to join us."

"How many of them does she have to heal?" Cyrus directed at me.

"Um..about two thousand," I said, biting my lower lip.

Cyrus raised his eyebrows in concern.

"Two?!" He scoffed, "Isn't that dangerous? You just healed one person, and you look beyond dog-tired. What makes you think you can heal two thousand?"

Did I look dog-tired? What a compliment...

"Because I know that I'm stronger now, and I have to try, at least!" I protested.

Cyrus thought for a moment. He looked at Josiah for a second then turned to face the rest of the Pack. His eyes found Enzo and on cue, Enzo jogged up to us, standing beside Josiah.

"Nevaeh tells me that you're stronger and quicker than us.." Cyrus spoke up, directing it to Josiah.

Josiah nodded shortly, eyes glancing over to me.

"Let's prove that shall we?" Cyrus smirked and held me tighter, pulling me over to the side.

"What are you doing.." I asked him. He ignored me, turning us to face Enzo and Josiah that stood in the centre of the courtyard.

"Have you gone mad?!" I raised my voice, "You realise that Josiah just went through a painful transition! He's weak! All we wanted to do today was shift!"

"Don't worry, love. He'll shift..eventually" He shrugged, with a cynical smile on his lips.

"Fucking hell, Cyrus! Don't do this,"