64. They Came for You

Cyrus' P.O.V

A distraction. Logan's phone call, Alpha Damian's mysterious texting... 

"They know she's out..." I said aloud Enzo looked at me with confusion, and Tristan glanced back at us, shifting away from the glass. 

 "What?" Enzo spoke up. 

"They know she's out!" I said louder and Enzo's eyes widened. 

 "Oh Fuck!" He groaned, standing up immediately. 

It was all a decoy And they knew that I knew it. 

 * * * 

 ~One Hour Before~ Mall Day 

 NEVAEH'S POV 

 *Two hours,* Cyrus mindlinked me as Marcus put the car in drive. 

I was sat in the passenger's seat, with Kendra, Jaxon and Jordyn behind us. 

 "Why do I gotta sit in the bitch seat?" Jaxon groaned and I shifted myself, turning my neck to face him. His long legs were cramped between Kendra and Jordyn.

I let out a quick laugh, "You just weren't fast enough," 

It was true, I had run as fast as I could to the front seat and lucky for me, Kendra had held Jaxon's hand asking him to assist her, for my benefit. 

When we finally got to the shopping mall, Marcus and Jaxon stood alert, watching the humans that were causally and obliviously shopping. It was peaceful if you ask me. Everyone was doing their own thing. No one bothered anyone. Just simple. 

"I say we split up," Jordyn said and I looked over at Marcus who stood behind Kendra. 

"I'll go with Jaxon and Jordyn.." I smiled and I watched as Kendra's eyes widened. She made an awkward face and nudged her head towards Marcus. 

"Try not to buy a crib!" 

"Yeah, that's a good idea." Jaxon agreed, "We'll get out of here faster like that, so Cyrus doesn't kill me." 

"Or we could all shop together..?" Kendra tried to convince us but I shook my head, linking my arms with Jordyn and spinning us around. 

"Okay, let's meet back here in an hour." Marcus finally spoke up, wrapping his left arm around Kendra's waist slightly. 

She jumped slightly at the action and blushed embarrassed. Jaxon let out a quick laugh in response and turned around, walking ahead of us, towards the centre of the mall.

 "An hour won't be enough.." Jordyn whispered to me and I shrugged. 

MARCUS' POV 

If it weren't already awkward enough, splitting the group like this made it even worse. I wasn't that I didn't want to spend time with Kendra, Goddess knows I do, but I just didn't think she felt the same way. After all, I had noticed how jumpy she was around me. 

"And then there were two," She let out an awkward laugh and spun herself around to face me. Her hair was pulled into a tighter ponytail, allowing her brown curls to bounce against her shoulders. 

"Where should we start?" I asked her, scratching the back of my neck nervously. Fuck, why was I so nervous around her?! 

"I was speaking to my mum and she and I made a little list." She smiled, digging her small hands into her jean pocket and pulling out a yellow postered note. "There isn't much, and we don't have to get all those things,"