50. What did you do?

Chapter 50. What did you do?

"Why weren't you in our bed last night?" Cyrus asked as we entered the SUV.

"I didn't want to be near you," I blurted out harshly, regretting it instantly. 

I looked over at him as he's hands gripped the steering wheel tightly. He pulled out of the car park and onto the main road. 

"That was before I found out about all the things you've done for Jarrod. I completely misjudged you and I apologise." I admitted honestly and a smirk crept up his lips. 

"What?" I asked, 

"I heard you killed a bird," He chuckled, ignoring our previous conflict. 

I folded my arms, "but I raised it from the dead!" I defended. 

"You still killed it," He smiled and placed his palm on my leg, causing electricity to spark from the contact. 

"I'm getting a lot better, Cyrus, I think I'm capable of healing multiple people at one time," I said honestly. It was something I always wondered that I'd need to do to help Josiah and his people. 

"I'm proud of you baby," He grabbed my palm and leaned over to place a kiss on my lips. 

"You're driving!!" I laughing, pushing him away. He chuckled and turned his head to the front. 

After a couple of moments of peaceful silence, I opened my stupid big mouth...once again. 

"Mrs Macy told me that she was close friends with your mother," I said casually and he immediately tensed up. 

"Oh," was all he said. 

"I'm sorry to bring it up but she said-" 

"Then don't." He cut me off and took his hand off my thigh. 

"I don't mean to pry but I'm just a little confused on how she died -" 

"Nevaeh I said drop it!" He warned and pulled up into the PackHouse driveway. 

The sun had disappeared now and the moon was starting to show

"I know it's a sensitive topic but Mrs Macy said -" 

"Fucking hell! Must you ask so many fucking questions?!" 

"Why are you getting so defensive?!" I yelled back and he looked away from me. So I continued, "She said suicide, but you said she -" 

"I don't want to talk about it.." He warned me with his eyes.