Chapter 42: Let's Go Eevee!

Can Serena win her Battle Tree challenge for the third time?

Question of the day: What is your favorite Eeveelution?

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.
—————————————————————
It was the next day since Ash and Serena had triumph over the fighting dojo. They had defeated the Karate Master known as Kiyo and obtain themselves two fighting-type Pokémon; with that being Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan.

Today, Serena is going to challenge the Battle Tree for the fourth time and going to earn herself a third victory. She decided to use Hitmonchan as she wanted to test its skill and power.

The group had eaten their breakfast at the Pokémon Centre and had just left the building. Today will be their last day at the Saffron City, until Ash comes back for the rematch against Sabrina.

While the group was going to the Battle Tree, the jog man was watching them with his arm crossed. "It looks like its not only Ash that has an inner power. There is one more person..."
———————————————————————
It took for a group to take twenty minutes to reach the Battle Tree. Its no surprise at all considering Saffron City is the largest city in Kanto region.

"All right! I'm pumped up!" Serena said as she was fired up.

"Good luck Serena. The challenges gets tough from here," Misty said.

"I know. My Pokémon has trained for this day, except for my Hitmonchan though," Serena told.

The group went inside the Battle Tree and they were met with same fate once again. The smell was so nice here. What kind of sweet scent are they using? Since they had a rough time at the Saffron City, this smell was a welcome for them.

Serena then let Hitmonchan out since it will be its first Battle Tree challenge. Hitmonchan took a small tour throughout the building with awe. It looked at other trainer's Pokémon and couldn't wait to show them how strong Hitmonchan is. It started shadow boxing and couldn't contain an excitement.

"It looks like you're excited!" Serena said with smile.

"Chan!" it cried and continued shadow boxing.

"I just wanted to let you know that I look forward to battling with you from now on. I hope a fancy battling place won't be strange to you," Serena said.

"Chan," the Pokemon breathed as it shook its head.

"I'm glad," Serena smiled.

"Hey Serena, I think you might know this, but since you won the challenge two times you won't be battling low level trainers anymore," Brock told her.

"Yeah I heard about it too. Since I'm on a level two, I should be challenging the same level trainers from now on," Serena said.

"Well technically no," Misty jumped in. "You might even battle higher level trainer than you. Since you are on a level two now, you can challenge from level two to level five."

"Level five!? Oh my lord!" Serena said in shocked tone.

"Battle Tree isn't easy. It gets tough here from now on," Brock warned.

Then suddenly, someone tapped Serena's shoulder from behind. She turned around to see a familiar face from Pallet Town. She had an Eevee on her head.

"Elaine!" Serena exclaimed. This caught other's attention and smiled broadly.

"Hey, Elaine! Good to see you!" Ash exclaimed.

"Hey yo guys!" Elaine said with smile.

"Vee Vee!" it cried happily at Pikachu.