Chapter 56: Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon

Ash will have another capture!

Question of the day: What is your favorite fossil Pokémon?

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.

—————————————————————-
It is July 25th in the morning and the group is one hour away from reaching to the Cinnabar Island. Serena has her Battle Tree challenge to conquer and she is one challenge away to face the Trial Captain of the Alola region. Ash will be facing Blaine to obtain the next gym badge. Speaking of Ash...today its his birthday. He will be turning eleven years old. Ash and Pikachu were sleeping in the same bed with Ash having a nice dream.

Ash woke up while stretching and woke up his buddy. Pikachu cooed and stretched its body. Ash realized that Brock isn't here in the same room.

"This is strange. It is seven in the morning. Brock is usually asleep during this time," Ash thought.

Ash decided to change his clothes, but then a door opened and he was immediately greeted by a party horn blown in his face. Ash gave a yelp and fell over backwards on his behind before looking up to see what that was all about.

"Surprise!" Serena, Misty, and Brock shouted at Ash while throwing their hands in the air and releasing a bunch of colorful confetti paper on him. All of their and Ash's Pokemon were out of their pokeballs, as well. Everyone was giving him a big smile.

Ash gave them all a grin in return while Pikachu walked over to him and got in his lap. "Wow! Thanks guys! You really got me!"

"Of course. You didn't think we would forget about your big day, did you?" Misty asked him.

"Why don't you go get changed and join us out here so we can celebrate?" Brock suggested with a smile.

"Come to the poolside. The captain of this ship
was kind enough to allow us to throw the birthday party," Misty said.

"I will be out in a minute," Ash said as everyone left the room.

After a minute, Ash changed to his usual cloth and was ready to go out with Pikachu.

"Birthday huh. I completely forgot today was my birthday," Ash said sheepishly.

"Kachu!" it fell in disbelief.
———————————————————————
Ash soon went to the poolside where the others were waiting for him and Pikachu. His Pokemon didn't waste any time in tackling him. Ash gave out grunt as all of his Pokemon collided with him and knocked him to the ground. Dratini nuzzled him and didn't want to leave him.

"Hahahaha! Alright guys, I need to move," Ash said in between laugh.

Squirtle was wearing his signature sunglass and had a mischievous smile. Sometimes, the demon inside the Squirtle awakes him up in a badass mode.

Brock then brought a birthday cake and put it on a table.

"Come on, Ash! I want you to come see your birthday cake!" Serena said excitedly as she grabbed Ash by the arm and pulled him along to where the cake is.

The cake was in a large square shape which had Ash, Brock, Serena, Misty and his Pikachu. The icing on the cake was done right and Ash wondered who did it.

"Wow! This is amazing!" Ash exclaimed.

"I'm glad you liked it Ash. I made that cake with the little help from Brock and Misty," Serena said sheepishly.

"Wow! You made this?!" Ash said in surprised tone.

"Yep!" Serena said as she stuck her tongue out.