Chapter 9

"Girl?" Batman questions, his eyes narrowing on Clark.

Superman suddenly, takes off onto the sky, flying at vast speed away from the two superheroes.

Wonder Woman prepares herself to take after him, but Batman grabs her by the arm.

"Diana, wait!" He shouts as her, keeping her from chasing Superman.

"We cannot let him-," "I've alerted Trevor. With any luck, military satellites are tracking him now," Batman cuts Diana off, already ahead of her.

"And what will we do? Wait for him to...pull the moon from the sky?!" Diana asks in a fit of rage with a scoff.

"No, we'll get... He hasn't said anything about doing something like that, has he?" Batman pauses his steps towards the BatMobile, glancing at Diana.

"No, but..." Wonder Woman trails as she crosses her arms in front of her, a worried tone in her voice.

"We're both targets and for all we know, so is the rest of the League. Get back to that island of yours and lock yourself in the darkest, deepest tomb you can find. I'll call," Batman orders as he jumps back into his ride, still looking at Wonder Woman.

"But Clark and I are... You can't expect me to hide," she cuts her first sentence short, only to replace it with ignorance.

"Was worth a shot.." Batman mumbles as the BatMobile top closes.

He takes off screeching through the night, leaving Diana staring into the sky where Superman had disappeared into..
<<<•••>>>

At the Tower, Damian lays in his bed, his hands folded on his chest.

The memories of the night before ran in his head. What had happened to your brother..?

The fact that he didn't know made him upset, yet determined. He came up with a plan..
<<<•••>>>

Some time later, Kori walks towards her room, only to see the light in her room was on.

As she walks in, seeing who had entered her personal space, she hears the sound of her keyboard tiles being played on.

She finally sees the perpetrator was none other than Damian, who sat casually as he searches through Koris laptop.

"What are you doing in my room? We have rules, Damian," Kori states with irritation as she walks towards Damian.

She shuts her laptop closed as she angrily looks at Damian, who even had the audacity to sit in her chair.

"You never trespass another person's space," Kori adds as she crosses her arms.

"You have nothing on her. No background, no history," Damian puts his chin in between his thumb and first finger, still trying to concentrate.

"On who?" Kori asks as she throws her hands in the air before slapping them against her legs.

"Y/n. You're the leader of this group. You should know everything about her. It's called 'vetting'," Damian says as he sits back in the chair.

"She's 15. Her mother and father still live, but her brother was murdered in front of her when she was 9 years old, and before that she was tortured over and over again. We didn't know much at first, except that she needed a place to heal and to grow," Kori states as she puts a hand on her hip, pointing down in a random place.

Damians eyes widen slightly at the blunt backstory Kori had given him.

"I was taught that knowledge was power and you knew nothing about her," Damian stands to his feet as he points to the laptop before pointing at Kori.