𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Pope's POV

I ran out of my house and jumped in the back of Kiara's car. I leaned forward and gave Kiara a quick peck on the lips. I turned my head and looked at JJ, bruises all over his face.

"Bro what the fuck happened?" I asked in shock.

"You know the usual, my dad beating the shit out of me" JJ answered.

"Dude you have got to get out of there" I said.

"That's what I've been saying!" Kiara added.

"Guys, I can't leave just like that. Where the hell am I supposed to go?" JJ asked.

"You can stay with me, I'll ask my dad about it. I'm sure I can convince him" Kiara suggested.

"Yeah right, he barely lets us get free food, I doubt he'll let me stay at your place" JJ scoffed.

"Maybe we can get you a little place on your own?" Kiara said.

"That's a great idea Kie, but not all of us have $500k laying around." JJ said sarcastically.

"God, I wish we had that Royal Merchant money right now. Ooh okay how about I ask my dad if you can get a job, and you can save up to get a place. In the meantime, maybe you can stay with Pope. Pope?" Kiara said looking at me.

"No problem, I'll ask em" I replied, hopping out of the car and running back inside my house.

"Mom! Dad!" I yelled bursting through the front door.

"Boy, what the hell is up with the yelling. It's too damn early for this" My dad complained.

"I need to ask for a favor" I said.

"What is it now?" My dad asked.

"I know it's a lot but can JJ please stay here for a little while. He can't be at his house with his dad right now, he's been beating the shit out of him and it's getting worse and worse. He'll only be here until he can save up enough money and get his own place. Please mom and dad, he has no one else." I begged.

My mom and dad looked at each other and sighed.

"This is a lot to handle right now Pope." My mom said.

"Momma please, JJ's been like family. He really needs us right now" I pleaded.

"Your mom and I need to talk about this for a bit. I'll give you an answer later." My dad said.

"Ok fine. Just please, think about JJ's situation right now." I said as I walked out the door and headed back to Kiara's car.

"So how did it go?" She asked.

"They said they'd think about it." I replied.

"Great, that usually means a big fat fucking no." JJ complained.

"Stop, I'm sure they're gonna let you stay. Don't worry too much J" Kiara said, placing a hand on JJ's shoulder.

It was a little weird seeing her comforting JJ so much, considering she was kind of my girlfriend. I know Kie is close with all of us, but after I confessed my feelings for her and she kissed me, it just seems a little odd seeing her so close to JJ. I know I shouldn't be jealous because JJ would never do that to me, but he has tried hitting on Kie in the past. But in the end, I'm the one she wound up with so it doesn't even matter.

Kiara's POV

We got to my dad's restaurant and I head to the back to look for him.

"Y'all wait right here." I said to the boys.

"Kiara, what are you doing here?" My dad asked.

"Dad I already know what you're gonna say but just hear me out on this proposal." I said as my dad sighed, crossing his arms.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"Listen I know you don't like JJ because you think he's trouble, but can you please give him a job here? We're trying to help him save up some money to buy his own place because he can't live with his dad anymore. He's starting to hit him again and this time it's getting worse. Please, please, please dad I'll do anything. Just please help my friend out, he really needs it." I begged.

My dad looked over the counter at JJ and saw his bruised up face.

"Fine. But the second that boy misses a shift, he's done understood?" My dad said.

"Noted. Thank you so much dad." I said, giving him a hug. He handed me an apron and I ran over to the guys.

"Congratulations." I said throwing the apron at JJ.

"Thank you so much Kie!" JJ said wrapping his arms around me and giving me a hug. "Tell your dad a million thank you's"

"Dad! JJ says thank you!" I yelled.

"Don't worry bout it son! Just be good!" He yelled back.

We headed out of my dad's restaurant and walked back to my car.

-author's note-

Hi guys, this is honestly just a filler chapter so I'm sorry if it's lowkey boring :/ But I promise the next few chapters start to pick up a bit. Also thank you so much for 100 reads! I know it's not much but it means a lot to me :) Once again if y'all have any suggestions of what you want to see in this story, feel free to let me know!