𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

Kiara's POV

-a few days later-

Today was the day John B and Sarah were finally coming home and I was so excited. Pope and I decided to decorate the chateau and host a little welcome home kickback, Pogue style of course. JJ couldn't be there to help because he was working a shift at The Wreck. John B agreed that him and Sarah would surprise him after his shift and pick him up. 

"Hey Kie, can you pass me the tape." Pope said, as he stood on a ladder trying to hang up the streamers. 

"Hold on one sec, I'm having trouble blowing these balloons up. Why is this shit so damn hard." I complained, out of breath. 

"C'mon Kie, I thought you were good at blowing things." Pope joked. 

"Ha ha very funny Pope." I said rolling my eyes and flipping him off. 

Pope busted his ass laughing, and I angrily threw the tape at him. 

"Chiiiilll Kie! It was just a joke." Pope said, sticking a piece of tape on the wall. 

"I refuse to know the things JJ tells you about me." I said, tying the end of the balloon.

"Good. It's best if you don't know." Pope said. 

"Ugh, boys are disgusting." I complained, grabbing another balloon to blow up. 

"Well you're dating one so I don't know what to tell you. Become a lesbian then if you hate us so much." Pope said. 

"Whatever. Hey make sure you finish up the decorations. I gotta go pick up John B and Sarah." I informed Pope. He nodded his head and I walked to my car. 

I started driving to the abandoned airport because John B said they were gonna hide the plane in the old hangar. When I got there, I could see the plane in the hangar meaning they were there. My heart was racing so fast because I couldn't believe I would get to see them again after months. I started walking across the tarmac, watching the doors of the hangar close and seeing 3 figures heading towards me. Three? 

As I got closer, I could decipher the third figure as a girl. Is she the one who helped them? Why was she here? 

"Kie!" John B yelled, as he ran as fast as he could towards me. I did the same and we crashed in the middle. It was a heavy impact, but I couldn't care less. I was so happy to be in the arms of my best friend again. 

"John B, I missed you so much!" I cried, as I hugged him tightly and rubbed his back. 

"I've missed you so much too Kie." He said.

"I thought you were dead." I cried.

"I know, but it's okay. I'm here now. And alive." John B said, as he pulled away and placed his hands on my shoulders. 

"That's my man Kiara!" Sarah chimed in. I rolled my eyes and she laughed, walking towards me and giving me the biggest hug. "I'm just kidding. I've missed you Kie."

"I missed you too Sarah." I said, pulling away. I looked at the girl and she smiled, so I smiled back. "So who's this?"

"Oh um Kie this is Serena. She's the one who helped us fly here. She's literally the best!" Sarah said, introducing me to Serena. "And Serena, this is our friend Kiara" 

"Hi nice to meet you Kiara." Serena said, holding her hand out. I shook it and smiled.

"Nice to meet you too Serena. I just wanna say thank you so much, for helping John B and Sarah out. I honestly can't thank you enough." I acknowledged.

"It's really no problem. And it all worked out in the end. I'm really excited to be staying here!" Serena said. 

"Staying here?" I asked confused. 

"Oh uh ya, Serena doesn't really have a set home. She just travels around and moves wherever she feels like. So, she agreed that she'd come and live here in North Carolina for a bit. She'll be staying at the chateau with me and Sarah, since you know, we're still kind of fugitives." John B explained. 

I nodded my head slowly, trying to comprehend all of the information being thrown at me. 

"Oh that's cool!" I replied. "Anyways, y'all wanna head home?" 

"Yup! Sounds great." Sarah said. 

They hopped in my car and I drove them back to the chateau. As soon as they walked in, Pope and I yelled surprise, as we revealed the poorly decorated chateau. 

"We tried." Pope said. 

"I don't care, it looks great. I'm just so glad to see you bro." John B said, running up to Pope and giving him a hug.

"I'm so happy you're okay dude." Pope said, hugging John B tightly. They pulled away and Pope proceeded to give Sarah a hug.

"Hey Pope." Sarah said.

"Hey Sarah, I'm glad you're back." Pope said, pulling away. "So who's your guys' friend?"

"Pope this is Serena, Serena this is Pope." John B introduced. "She's the one who flew the plane for us, so if it weren't for her we wouldn't be here."

"Oh dope, you know how to fly a plane?!" Pope asked impressed. 

"Yup I do actually. I used to work as an airline mechanic back in Nassau." Serena giggled. 

"Wow that's hella cool!" Pope said. Pope leaned over to me and whispered in my ear.

"Damn, she's smart and hot. I think I'm in love." 

I punched his arm and changed the topic.

"Sooo, JJ's shift is ending soon so y'all wanna head over and surprise him? Pope and I will stay and handle the food." I suggested.

"Sure, sounds like a plan." John B said. "Oh and Kie, can I borrow your car. You know just in case." 

I tossed him the keys and they left, leaving me and Pope alone. 

"I call dibs on the Serena girl!" Pope blurted.

"Well it's not like anyone's gonna date her anyways, we're all cuffed up." I said, grabbing my phone to order the pizza. 

"Fuck you Kie. I didn't need you to continue to rub in the fact that I'm single." Pope snapped.

"I'm just saying the truth Pope." I replied. 

☞author's note☜

Hi yall! Today will be a double update so keep your eye out in a lil bit for the next chapter! But anyways, thank you for 9.7K reads! I honestly didn't think anyone would read my story lol, but I'm glad you guys are enjoying it :) Lots of love xx