𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

Kiara's POV

Fuck me! I know I just messed it up bad with JJ. I mean I didn't mean to kiss him, but it just sort of happened. Damn it Kie, you really have to stop doing that. I mean, my kiss with JJ felt different. It almost felt right, like it was meant to happen. I know JJ always flirts with me, but I've never really seen him as anything more than best friends. But something about today felt different than before. Am I starting to have feelings for JJ? No, that can't be. I can't lead Pope on and have feelings for my other best friend. But I also can't break it off with Pope, knowing what's gonna happen with our friendship. I really fucked up. I ended up driving back to my house because I honestly couldn't handle seeing the guys right now.

JJ's POV

I finally made it to Pope's house and it was just him sitting in the kitchen.

"Hey bro, where you been?" Pope asked, taking a bite out of his toast.

"With Kie. On the dock." I replied, taking a seat next to him.

"What were you doing with Kie?" He asked concerned.

"We were just talking. Kie and I kind of got into an argument last night, and we were just talking about that." I explained.

"So y'all good or what?" Pope asked.

"If I'mma be honest, no. I don't think I wanna see her right now." I said.

"Woah, woah, woah! What the hell happened between you two?" Pope asked.

"Dude, I just don't wanna talk about it. It's complicated and I just don't feel like explaining it." I sighed.

"JJ, just tell me. How am I supposed to have my two best friends mad at each other, and I don't even know what the fuck is going on!" Pope said.

"Dude, just drop it. I really don't wanna talk about this right now." I said, as I got up and laid on the couch.

"Fine. I'm calling Kie." Pope said, running to his room and grabbing his phone. He came back and called Kiara. The phone kept ringing and it eventually took him to Kiara's voicemail. "Well shit, she's ignoring me too"

"Well now that's a personal problem." I said as I covered my head with a pillow.

Pope grabbed the pillow, and smacked me with it. "Get up!"

"Bro, I don't wanna fucking talk to her right now, or you! So could you please just stop bugging me about it!" I yelled.

"Dude calm the fuck down! I don't know why you can't just tell me what's going on with you and Kie! Why are you keeping secrets from me JJ?!" Pope yelled back.

"I just don't wanna talk about it right now! Why are you so fucking pressed that I don't wanna tell you!" I yelled in irritation.

"What's so bad about me knowing?! Are you fucking her JJ?! Huh, is that it?!" Pope yelled.

"No! What the fuck, no!" I yelled back.

"Then what the fuck is it?! Because it sure as hell seems like you're all over my girl!" Pope yelled.

"Woah! Hey, hey! What the hell are you two screaming about?" Pope's mom asked as she came running out of her room.

"JJ's keeping secrets about Kie behind my back!" Pope yelled.

"Okay, I think we all just need to calm ourselves down a bit. Pope, you stay here and clear your mind. JJ sweetie, do you mind heading out for a bit and giving Pope some space? Once y'all figure everything out, go ahead and talk. I can't have you two killing each other in my living room. My insurance don't cover that shit." Pope's mom said as she walked back to her room.

I flashed Pope a glare and stormed out the house.

Pope's POV

I'm honestly fucking pissed at JJ for not telling me what's going on between him and Kie. I swear to God he's probably fucking her on the side and he just doesn't want to admit it. I decided to call Kiara a few more times to see if she will tell me what's going on between them. I called and it kept going straight to voicemail.

"C'mon Kie." I whispered, as I held my phone up to my ear. Finally, she answered.

"What?" She asked. I could tell by her tone that she was irritated.

"Hey, I just wanted to know if you were doing okay." I said.

"Ya, I'm fine. Why?" She asked.

"Listen, JJ told me y'all got in an in argument last night but he won't tell me what the hell happened. So, Kie what's going on between you two?" I asked.

There was a moment of silence before Kiara began to speak.

"Ya Pope, JJ and I got into an argument. Look, it's just too complicated to explain and I honestly just don't feel like talking about this right now. Can I please just have some alone time?" She said.

"Really Kie? You too?! Why the fuck are you guys keeping secrets from me! I thought we told each other everything! I'm really starting to think I can't trust my best friends!" I yelled angrily over the phone.

Kiara sighed. "Okay, okay fine! I'll tell you the truth. Later. Meet me at my house tonight, and bring JJ." she said.

"Okay fine." I replied, as I hung up the phone.

JJ's POV

-Kiara's house-

It was hours later and Pope texted me to meet him at Kiara's house. I haven't seen him since I stormed out the house this morning, so we were just awkwardly standing on Kiara's porch waiting for her to open the door.

"So what do you think this is about?" I asked curiously.

Pope just shrugged his shoulders. Kiara opened the door and led us in to her house.

"Follow me." She said, as we walked up the stairs and into her bedroom. She sat down on her bed and placed a pillow on her lap. "Sooooo"

"Start talking." Pope said, as he sat down on the edge of Kiara's bed.

I was genuinely confused on what was going on so I just stood there, waiting for someone to explain everything.

"So I'm here to come clean about everything going on between me and JJ. I don't wanna hide things anymore, because it's not fair to you Pope." Kiara said.

"Ok then, the fuck am I here for?" I asked annoyed. "I honestly could've been smoking a blunt right now but instead I'm here to deal with you and Pope's girl talk bullshit."

"You can vouch for the other side of the story idiot." Kiara said, rolling her eyes.

Kiara scooted her way closer towards Pope and placed her hands on his knees.

"Listen Pope, I just wanted to come clean and let you know that-"

Ring! Ring!

☞author's note☜

Sorry yall, I left you with a cliffhanger. Anyways thank you so much for 1k reads! I started this book just a few days ago, and it makes my heart super happy seeing yall enjoy it 🥺