Volume 7: Protect and Attack

Volume 7

Protect and Attack

Character is what a man is in the dark -Dwight L. Moody

________________

"Deadline, people! Deadline is next week!" I screamed.

With all the drama in my life right now, I have forgotten about the paper. It's been a while since I have written or edited. I feel horrible for neglecting my studies. But there has been so much drama recently.

Just yesterday, I broke up with the guy I been dating for a year. And what did he do? He punched me! Right in the face too! It hurt a lot. My cheek still hurts. Both my cheek and wrist are bruised, I have dark purple marks to prove it. And my glasses broke so I'm using my spare.

And worse of all, he messed up my sanctuary. My home away from house. The newspaper room. It took a while to clean. And we don't have any money a new computer and desk.

My parents surprisingly believe that I fell and hit my self. They didn't go all over protective parenting on me. But someone else was on my case.

Archer.

Since yesterday afternoon, he has been watching my every move like a hawk. I mean that literally. He turned into a hawk after I left the school and followed me all the home. He thought I couldn't see him because he was flying but hawks are not normally around the city. Genius. And ever since I entered the park to go to school, he was walking with me. Trying to get hold of my hand, but I didn't let him have it. It's fun to torment him.

He even followed me to my classes. But he had something to do this afternoon. I didn't really asked what. It might be something illegal and I don't want to be involve in that.

I felt weird. I was used to Archer by now. Not having him around felt weird. I think I actually miss him.

I think I'm actually falling for him.

I know that sounds so stupid, but I do.

"Remember, the deadline. That's all. Have a nice weekend." I said. My reporters left the room and went back to their classes. This is my free period, so I went back to finishing an article. I was alone in the room, writing in my computer. Letting the words and sentences take me away to world outside this one.

Then I heard someone trip and fall to floor. I stood up from my seat and look around the room. There was no one there. Well, at least no one visible.

"Seriously?" I said.

Silence.

"He told you to follow me, didn't he?" I said.

Silence.

Why do they always think I'm stupid? Not this again!

"Seriously?"

Silence.

"Cellophane!" I said.

Then a kid started to appear. He was wearing...nothing. He was naked. Complete and stark naked. Like the day he was born.

"Mr. Cellophane?" I asked, not knowing what to say.

"In the visible flesh" He said, with a smirk.

Mr. Cellophane is one of the supervillians in town. He's a very good criminal. He steals with no one even noticing. Of course is because he can make himself invisible. That's where he got his name. No one has ever actually seen him. And now I know why. I guess his power don't extended clothes.

Then I knew who he was. Matthew Mattenburg, Archer's best friend. They pretty much stick together all the time. Well, not recently.

Matt is tall, dark and handsome. With dark hair and perfect sun-touched skin. He has rippling muscles that seem photo-shop. And a matching smirk to very familiar one.