𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

A/N - smut warning!

-

Brooklyn's POV

I hear someone knocking on the front door of my penthouse, I go to see who could possibly be. When I open it I'm surprised to find Micaela at the other side. "If it isn't no other but the she devil herself at my door step. What can I do for you today hot stuff?" I say as I no so subtly check her out.

"Can I come in?" She asks.

I open my door wide enough so she can come in. I close the door when she enters and watch her get comfortable in my couch, I follow her. "Do you want anything? I have some pizza left in the kitchen." I ask her, I know my manners.

She shook her head, "No thanks, I'm not hungry. I believe you don't have any alcohol."

"No, sorry."

"Don't worry, if you said you did I would have to throw away all of it and then kick your ass anyway." She said smugly.

I watch her in amusement and sit besides her on the couch. "I would like to see you try and kick my ass shorty."

She scoffs, "Please you're not even that much taller than me."

"Whatever you say." I laugh.

I silently watched her. She looked off for some reason, it's weird for Micaela to come to my place just to chat, by this point we would be already too busy making the other cum but instead she seems to be thinking hard about something, she looked upset, not like her usual blabbering, mischievous and flirty self.

"What's on your mind?" I ask her.

"Uh? Nothing just thinking." She tries to brush me off but I'm not about to drop the subject.

I get closer to her on the couch, grab her and pull her into lap. She gives me a look for it but I know she secretly loves to sit in it, she makes herself comfortable and I caress her thighs as I always do when she's on my lap. "What's wrong?" I ask her again and she sighs knowing I'm not about to let this go.

"Why do you want to know or even care McKenzie?"

That's a good question. I don't know I guess because she's like my only 'friend' in this city since Spencer is all the way in Europe playing for some football team and Summer is in New York. "Because we are friends." I say but it comes off as a question more than as an answer.

"Are we now?" She raises an eyebrow.

I shrug, "In friends with benefits, friends comes before benefits."

She laughs at that, making me grin at the fact that I lifted her mood at least a tiny bit.

"So what is it?" I try asking her again.

"Have you ever thought about getting a dog? This place seems pretty lonely." She tries to change the subject.

"Why have a dog when I have you?" I say smugly.

She gasp and starts hitting my arm and chest.

"Ouch. Ouch. Sorry, sorry, I get it bad joke." I laugh as I grab her wrists to make her stop hitting me.

"Asshole," she said to me and I just smirked.

"I know, but now don't try changing the subject. What's wrong?" I ask once again and let go of her wrists.

"Is just my parents, they think that they can control my life and they can't. I'm 23 years old, I'm not a kid." She confesses.

"Then don't let them."