𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

Skylar's POV

Almost two weeks blew past since I saw Summer, I've been busy handling work so I haven't been able to see her again, but the bright side of it is that we have been texting a lot ever since we went out that day, I think we are pass the awkward tension which is a great relief. I needed to go to her work to talk out some things with her boss so I'll try and visit her after.

When I arrived to the offices I saw her sat inside a open cubicle scrolling through her phone while facing the opposite direction, I had an idea so I sent her a text.

Summer ☺

What are u doing?

Working

You?

Watching you

You sound like a stalker

Maybe I am

Really?

Really

Then what am I doing
right now miss stalker? 🧐

Lazing out on a cubicle

She looked up from her phone and started to search around. I took this chance to scare her.

I sneaked behind her, "Boo!" I said loudly with my hands put on her shoulders.

Summer let out a screech and turned around startled, when she saw me she swatted me in the arm and glared at me. "Not funny," she said as she kept swatting me lightly.

"Sorry I just had to do it," I said trying to excuse myself, she was still frowning but now an adorable pout was accompanying it.

"What are you doing here you dork? Its been days since you last came," she asked as she spun around on her chair. She can be such a child sometimes I swear, its good to see the years didn't change that.

"I came to talk with your boss," I responded.

Summer stopped spinning around in the chair and stood up. "I'm sorry but Ryan isn't here today," she said with apologetic smile.

Maybe I should've called before coming or asked Charlie to do it for me, no matter I still got to see Summer after a week, time seemed to go by slower when I didn't see her, it was excruciating really.

"That's an inconvenience..." I mumbled.

"Maybe I can help you," Summer offered.

I shook my head.

"Don't stress yourself out I'll just come by tomorrow or any other day, it's nothing urgent," I waved her off.

Summer nodded in understanding, "Are you busy right now?"

"No, why?"

"Well, is my lunch break and down the street they sell these amazing hot dogs, so I was wondering if you wanted to come with me," she nervously asked.

"Yes," I responded quickly, way too quickly that it made me cringe.

Summer let out a cute giggle and motioned me to follow her to the elevator so we could go eat. As we made our way down she continued to talk about every hot dog she has ate here in New York, claiming that those are just the very best.