𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

Skylar's POV

"Maybe Rome, I've always wanted to go to Italy. So yeah if I had to choose only one place to visit it would be there." 

"I been there a couple of times. It's really beautiful I'm sure you would love it."

Hopefully one day you will allow me to take you there.

"Really? What other places have you visited?" Summer asked me curiously

"A lot of places. Uh let's see, Japan, France, England, Germany, Australia, Turkey, Brazil and many others but I'm not about to list them all."

"Wow. That's so freaking cool," she said excitedly.

"It is but also not really. The reason for that is mainly business trips so I don't got to enjoy those places properly," I explained. How I wish that you got to go with me to all those places, maybe then I would have been happy.

Summer opened her mouth to say something but got interrupted by the door of my office busting open.

"You!"

Lately no one respects privacy.

I stood up from my office's couch where I was sat talking with Summer. I know exactly why Brooklyn is here.

"Brooklyn," I responded plainly.

Caught of guard she proceeded to grab me by the collar of my shirt and roughly press me against the nearest wall making me groan.

"Brooklyn!" Summer screamed.

As if just realizing she's there Brooklyn turned her face towards Summer but without lessening her hold on me.

"What the hell are you doing here Summer? And don't come up with some lame excuse of work because we both know you don't work on the weekends."

That's true. I might have asked Summer to hang out today after I was done here in the office. She decided to come and do me some company until then, but I think our plans just got ruined.

"Is none of your business why I'm here Brooklyn," she retorted.

"You should be at home or with Harper your girlfriend not chasing around after your ex."

"You don't tell me what to do."

Have they forgotten I'm here?

"I'm just telling what you should do."

"McKenzie, let me go before I make you regret it," I warned her.

She turned back to me and slammed me against the wall again. This fucking bitch.

"Brooklyn let her go!"

"Shut up Summer! For once this has nothing to do with you. So stay the fuck out of it and go home," Brooklyn snapped.

I clenched my jaw, "Don't speak to her like that."

"You're one to try and make yourself the good guy, aren't you Skylar? Tell me what the hell was that you said to Micaela," she demanded.

I saw Summer's face from behind of Brooklyn turn into one of shock.

"Nothing but the truth," I responded.

"She went back to Los Angeles because of you," she said through gritted teeths.

"What you just said just proves that you know nothing. Micaela is been playing you all along you idiot. You were nothing but a distraction to her. She's a coward and a liar. Theres more than one reason for her going back but you're too much of an ignorant to realize it."

I didn't even see her fist coming to my face, none of the two times it did.

I could feel the metallic taste of blood on my tongue and an aching on my right cheek.

"Brooklyn stop!" Summer pushed her to the side and off of me, in the process making me fall to the floor.

"Screw you," she said and then looked at Summer, "You too."

With that Brooklyn stormed off the office, slamming the door on her way out.

"Fuck... Skylar are you okay?" Summer kneeled besides me.

"Yes just a little achy," I groaned.

"Your lip is bleeding and look at your cheek..." she got up and soon came back with a small wet towel. "Here let me," she put it against my lip cleaning up the blood that I didn't notice was now rolling down my chin a bit.

"So Brooklyn and Micaela... you knew about that?"

I sighed, "Yes I did, but Summer I think is better if you ask her about it instead of me. It's her life."

"You need to put some ice in your cheek." She changed the subject.

"I will, later. You should go home."

She stopped what she was doing to look at me.

"You don't want me here?" Summer asked softly.

More than anything.

"I do but I just think I should be alone for a while. Brooklyn is right you should be spending time with your girlfriend instead of with me."

She nodded stiffly and got up.

"We can always reschedule..."

"Sure, whatever. Bye Skylar," she said and walked out of the office not giving me the chance to say anything else.

I leaned my head against the wall behind me.

Why can't I do anything right.

-

A/N - I know short.