Chapter 1 Three Things I Wanna Do

Pepper collapsed on the couch at the Stark Mansion and she closed her eyes. She took a deep breath and she went over the day's events in her head. Tony Stark was back from the dead and stopping the manufacturing of weapons and his heart was now run by a battery.He was kidnapped and tortured in a cave for three months and today he was here in the flesh and she was so happy. She couldn't put into words the relief she felt.

"Jarvis show me Tony" she said to the A.I. as she stretched out the screen to look at him. He was back to business as usual as if he never left.

She continued to watch him as he tinkered in his white grease stained tank top. She stared at his broad shoulders and back and remembered when he was slamming into her against her refrigerator. She could still feel his lips on hers and down her neck. She felt herself start to tingle and she bit her bottom lip. It was ten months since they had sex and Pepper still couldn't get over it. She still craved him. She tried to ignore the desire through meditation. For a while it was working. She was thinking of it less and less and then when he got kidnapped it was in her mind every day. What if she never got the chance to be with him again? What if he was dead? What if he never made it back? What if she never told him how she really felt? Now he was back but Tony made good on his word and he never brought it up again and they went back to business as usual.

"Spying on me huh Potts" Tony teased causing her to jump in her seat.

She stood up quickly. She felt guilty for fantasizing about the times they slept together when he nearly died.

"I was just seeing what you were up to. I had to look one more time to be sure you were really here" she told a half truth.

"I'm here in the flesh the same as before, just slightly modified," he joked as he tapped on the RT in his chest and flopping down next to her.

Pepper looked at him and she could no longer hold back the tears. Tony looked at her and his eyes were full of concern and guilt.

"Oh no Pepper don't cry" he pleaded as he comforted her.

"Everyone thought you were dead, but I had hope. I had too. And now you're here and it's all too surreal" she cried against his chest.

"I'm back and I'm not going anywhere," he said as he rubbed her back gently.

The intimate touch was momentarily a shock for both of them.

"I'm sorry. That was unprofessional. I need to get going. Tomorrow is business as usual" Pepper said, pulling away from him quickly.

"No," Tony said abruptly, making Pepper stop short. He even surprised himself with his tone.

He didn't mean to sound harsh but he couldn't let her leave. There was something weighing heavily on his mind and he needed to get it off his chest.

"Excuse me," Pepper said as she faced him.

"Pep I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say it like that. I just want to talk to you about something and I need to talk to you tonight. So I'd like you to stay and have dinner with me. I ordered thai food and I need a quick shower so I hope you'll stay a while longer" he said as his brown eyes were so soft and inviting.

"Ok" Pepper said, not being able to take her eyes off of him.

"Thanks," he said as he headed up to shower.

Jarvis had his shower ready and he welcomed the warmth of the water on his skin. He closed his eyes for a second and he was back in the cave. When his head was being drowned underwater and he could hear Pepper's voice he also flashed to the time they made love after that silly bet he made with her. That bet was the best and worst decision he ever made. Being intimate with Pepper was better than any fantasy he had about it in all the years she worked for him. And the thought that he might never be able to change her mind and be intimate with her ever again while he was in the cave just didn't sit right with him. It made a home in his daily headspace and it hasn't left since the day they slept together. The elephant in the room was getting addressed tonight.