Chapter 6 Hammerroid Attack

"You're not quitting and you just admitted it's not weird. We should go back to the plane and finish what we started on the roof," Tony said, not letting Pepper wiggle away from this anymore.

"How are we going to do that with you in the suit? You need JARVIS to get out of it " she challenged.

"Look I'm a genius ok. JARVIS isn't the only way, he's just the easy way. We have a six hour flight back to LA, I can sit here with a screwdriver and take this off piece by piece,"

"Or you could fly back home in the suit and get there much faster and I can take the jet and we can talk tomorrow," Pepper said, trying to dodge him again.

"Oh no we need to talk about us," he said as he boarded the jet and searched for a screwdriver.

"So go ahead talk then," she said as she took a seat and buckled up.

" What is it that you always say? We can't keep doing this. I want to be with you. I want us to be together. No more beating around the bush. Not Iron Man, I'm talking about me Tony and you Pepper. I need you," he said, putting it out there.

"You just think you need me," Pepper said.

"That's your answer? So you really don't have any feelings for me at all. Fine Pepper at least I know how you feel now," he said as he continued to unscrew pieces of the Iron Man suit.

"No Tony that's not it. I-

"Then what is it Pepper? We're either together or not together. It's a simple yes or no. I can't explain how this happened  and I know it's been weird for you, but I love you and it's terrifying. I just want to do right by you and be a good boyfriend and if that's not what you want then I guess I understand, but I need a straight answer. One minute you want me then you dodge me for days and months and then you're back having sex with me," Tony said as he pulled off one of the leg pieces and started on the other side.

"You're right Tony. I'm so sorry for that. I didn't want this to happen because you're my boss and I didn't want the stigma of sleeping my way to the top or you becoming bored of me like you do with every other woman and thing in your life. I didn't want to be a notch on your belt. For that I'm sorry," she said as tears started pouring out.

"Have I treated you like that? Even since the first bet have I ever treated you like that? I don't think I did. I've tried not to but if I have I'm sorry," he said removing another piece of armour.

"How can you be sure you love me? Your longest relationship was six hours," she said.

"So you're saying because I've never felt something like this before that I'm incapable of feeling it. Do you hear yourself?" he said now removing the chest piece.

Pepper froze and she stopped breathing momentarily. Tony was in love with her and she was in love with him. So what was holding her back? Fear. She was afraid of her feelings for him. But this was it. Tony was gonna walk. This may be her only chance to be with him. Pepper leaned over and turned his face to look at her. She pressed her lips to his and he pulled away.

"No Pepper. I can't tell the difference when you kiss me if you actually like me or you just want to have sex. Use your words," he said stubbornly taking off the rest of the armor and tossing the screwdriver.

She was about to speak and he cut her off again.

"Admit it. You're crazy about me," he said giving her the smile that only she got to see.

"Tony I'm scared of what I feel for you,"

"Ok but there are feelings. We've had a breakthrough," he said.