Chapter 8- Into the woods

This chapter deals with suicide. Please, if you are sensitive to this kind of stuff, don't read it. I will have a summary in bold at the very bottom excluding that stuff. 

You are amazing! <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the morning, Will paid no mind to how odd I was acting. Nothing had happened last night, but he was pacing around the house, arranging things like our mother used to. His hand brushed a glass vase and it fell down, shattering into pieces. He looked at me, eyes wide. I sighed, closing my book. 

"Put your energy to good use and finish the fish pond. " I gestured to the corner, where a tin bucket sat. We had moved the minnows there because they were beginning to grow into, well, fish. Their mouths were now much wider and their bodies less flat, and they were twice their size. The glass bottle became a cruel cell, and we had nothing else to do. We had even lined it with sand moss from the stream.

"Fine." He said, grabbing the bucket. He was struggling to pick it up, but I didn't go help him. I knew he could carry it by himself. I sat on my mother's red chair, still attempting to decrypt the rest of the page. I was hoping to find more advice, anything that would not mean my horrible death in those woods. The more I sat there, thinking the more I realized I didn't want to die like that. I didn't want to be eaten like an animal, probably suffering from pain and fear. 

Going into the kitchen, I grasped several bottles of chemicals from the shelves. Grabbing a bowl, I mixed them together, forming a strong poison that smelled bitter and made my eyes water. I knew how to make this suicide drug because I had studied my mother and father's death trial. They believed they hadn't died, they had taken their own lives. When the question of "Why" Came up, they summed it up to "the abnormal child" they had, and the difficulties that followed. At one point, they even accused me of killing them. I had not, of course, as Will testified. I had actually been in his room that night, having fallen asleep after making up a bedtime story for Will. 

My hand didn't shake as I mixed the chemicals, or poured them into a bottle and placed it in my bag. I was doing it so I didn't suffer. It wasn't taking my life, it was dying a better, less gruesome way. I thought of Will, who would suddenly be alone. Family-less. I thought of how Nick's death made me feel. I would inflict that on him. Then I thought, Well, I might not even die. This could all be for nothing.

I grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil, and scribbled my goodbye.

Listen, Will. I know this might be hard for you. It was hard for me, at first. But I'm not wanted here. You know that.

I stopped. I sounded like Nick.

You have friends who will take care of you. Now, I might even live. If not, I will try my best to end this thing. I promise I will. You will not die. That's a fact.

I love you. And that's a fact as well.

Then I grabbed my bag again, determined. The chemicals were no longer for me. When that stupid beast put me in his mouth, it was going to have the nastiest surprise of its short life. 

Then I opened the door. Will was outside, pouring the new cement bucket on the ground.  I ran up to hug him.

"I'm going to get more rocks," I said, squeezing him tight. "I'll be back."

"Okay. Jeez, stop hugging me!" He said with a laugh. I let go reluctantly. He didn't know that was a "goodbye" hug. He thought it was a "see you soon" hug. My stomach dropped. I felt horrible. Swinging the bag over my shoulder, I turned around and walked as fast as possible, hoping I didn't cry. I made my way to the other side of the village. It was nearly sundown, so nobody was outside. Carefully, I pulled out a knife and a small vial with a cork top.

The vial was full of a red liquid. It was dark, almost black, and my hands shook as I held it.

It was Nick's blood.

Nick had left me that small vial and instructions on the roof. I had come across it the next day. I was shocked, I wanted to destroy it. But he had been holding on to the hope I might come, too. So I didn't. Never in my whole life did I imagine I would be using it.

Carefully, I held the knife to my palm.

Cut your palm gently. Not much blood is needed for bloodmixing to work.

The words ran over and over in my head as my trembling hand cut my palm. My own scarlet blood began seeping out.

Pour the blood carefully. Get as much as possible. The more blood, the less the Medow will resist.

I did so. I watched as the red blood mixed into mine. His was a bit darker, due to the fact it had been drying for a few years. I watched as the red and red mixed, swirling like the thunder of emotions inside me.

Wait some time for it to scab and bandage the cut.  

I did so, wrapping it with white fabric as soon as it scabbed over. I was a bleeding girl who had just committed a crime in order to save the village that had sworn to destroy her. I let out a laugh, the back of my mind worrying I would bee heard. I paid no mind. Let them hear. Then I stood up, both confident and scared as ever. 

I glared at the woods, ominous and scary in the fading light. I began marching towards them.

"Bring it on." 

___________________________________________________________

Ahhhhh, thanks for reading! 

Summary: Elle decides she will kill the monster with chemicals if it eats her. She writes a note to will and mixes her blood with Nick's (He left a bottle of it for her before he died)

Anyways, love yall! Every view is SUPER important to me, and I'm proud of how fast this one got to 40! Stay safe and healthy! <3