Prologue

(1 day before the start of the events of the Entrance Exam Arc) (3rd person view)

At the top of a building under the vast night, stands a man with a black vest, black pants, steel-toe covered boots and a pale-colored cloak. His grey, steeled eyes compliment his snowy white hair styled back. His eyes were scanning the city, looking for any signs of disturbances or criminal activity nearby. It's been 6 months since he arrived to this unknown universe where 80% of the population has this powers called "Quirks". Quirks manifest in so many different forms, he get surprised every once in a while whenever he sees an odd one.

In those 6 months, he was able to learn all about the society established in Japan and it's laws. It took him little time to figure out and adapt to his situation, even to the point that he got his identity through some... questionable assets thanks to his nocturnal routine of scouting the city and observe everything in its vicinity.

During day, he's just a chef at a restaurant, paying his bills and relax at home reading and doing other stuff. At night, he becomes a nameless vigilante, taking down criminals and villains who may pose a threat or/and are in the middle of a criminal act. So far, the police and the Pro Heroes haven't figure out who he is nor they haven't see him in person. By the time they arrived to the scene, the villains were tied down and with enough evidence to put them in jail, thus the credit been given to the Pro Heroes that appear on the scene.

And so, the rumors were spread like wildfire about the nameless vigilante that nobody has seen yet. Even so, he maintained secrecy about his vigilante activities.

As he was standing in the building, his mind drifted about his future here in Japan.

"What should I do? Criminal activity has gone down to the point where I can't find any criminals bold enough to do their acts on the open in the night. I will just wait a while longer and go back home to settle down for the night.", mumbled the white-haired man as he sat down on the edge of the roof, waiting patiently for any suspicious movement. After 30 more minutes, he stood up and went back to his home, ending his dull night.

After reaching home, he quickly changed to a black T-shirt and black shirt pants. Laying down on his bed in his small apartment, he began to wonder what he should do. Even now, he doesn't believe he could actually be a Hero of Justice. For so long, he cast aside those ideals knowing they were going to be unfufilled. After all, all he wanted was to save everyone. Even both during life and death, he couldn't do that, his dreams crumbling down with each task that he was assigned as a Counter Guardian, until they were nothing but just little sparky pieces still lingering around.

Incidentally, he briefly remembered the words of someone dear to him, the voice echoing in his mind soundly as if it were yesterday that it happened those events.

"Remember this, Archer. Be happy and smile, no matter the odds or how bleak the future may look like. Just... find happiness and fulfill your ideals"

He rested his hand on his chest, the ache that cause those words from someone he was unable to save will always be there when he thinks of her. Tears threatened to come up but he couldn't let them. He has to remain strong, for her and that uncertain future that awaits him. But how could he be happy? He lacks the drive and motivation to be who he wants to be, much less how to find it. There's something that he's lacking that he's unaware of.

"Can I actually be who I want to be, even if the blood of millions of people are on my hands?", he mumbled to himself, uncertainty echoing in his words. And so, within a few moments, sleepiness took over.

(The next morning)

His eyes suddenly open, intense light of the early morning coming through the window of his room pulled him out from his sleep. The alarm that's on top of his nearby night stand started to buzz off the moment he was awake.