Chapter 4

ARDEN'S POV*

Everyday for the past month, I've been ignoring Brandon and my friends. But then the full moon came and I saw Brandon outside my window in wolf form. Then he saw me transform. I was screaming in pain and my bones started to crack. Then I opened my eyes and I was a wolf. The window was open so I jumped out and ran with Brandon. Then I saw Bryanna, Skye, Sidney, and William in their wolf form in front of us. I tried to ignore them but I couldn't. It felt good being with my friends again. Then the next day came and at school I went to my friends. I snuck up behind Brandon and hugged him from behind. Then he turned around and tried to kiss me.

"Nope! We are NOT a thing, okay? That was just in the moment." I explained to Brandon.

"Fine but someday you will fall for me." Brandon said.

I felt y face blushing like crazy. Then I remembered something, Skye and Brandon.

I pulled them to the side and said,"What were you two talking about the day you kissed me?" I asked Brandon.

"Wait! YOU KISSED HER?" Skye said, surprisingly.

"Well, yeah. DUH!" Brandon and I said.

"Oh, okay." Skye said, sounding cool with it.

"Well, we were talking about how you and Skye turned everyone." Brandon explained.

"Okay. Thank God. I thought you two were, you know a thing." I said.

"WHAT?! EW, NO!" They yelled.

"Okay, okay." I said.

We were heading back to the gang and then Brandon took my hand. And I let him. We both started to smile and blush. But there is nothing between us. I know he likes me and me, well, it's complicated. You can say that I have major mixed feelings about this. I just wish my life wasn't full of so much drama. I already told him that there is nothing between us. I might like him but, I just don't know. I wish it wasn't so complicated.

We started heading toward the gang and then I saw their jaws hit the floor.

"Nothing is going on between Brandon and me." I explain.

"Yeah, okay." They all said.

Then I felt Brandon's hand slip away from mine. I looked at my hand and then at his face. He was staring at a new girl who walked into the school. I had a bad vibe coming from her. I don't know what it was, but I walked over to her.

"Hi, I'm Arden." I said.

"I'm Abby. I'm new here." She explained.

"I noticed. So, um... I was wondering if you would like to eat lunch with my friends and me?" I asked Abby.

"Yeah, sure. Why not I need some friends." She replied.

"Just meet us at the front of the school. We are going to the mall across the street." I said.

"Okay. See you there." Abby said.

I walked away and headed for the gang.

"What did you say?" They all asked.

"I just invited her to lunch with us." I explained.

"Okay. That was nice." Brandon said.

Then the warning bell rang and we were off to class. I walked into the classroom, and saw Belle sitting in my seat. Belle is my favorite cousin from Paris. I ran to her a hugged her.

"Oh, hi, Arden. I just transferred here." Belle explained.

"Yay! It has been three years since I've seen you." I said.

Then the bell rang and we say down. Then Ms.Tani noticed Belle.

"I see that we have a new student." Ms.Tani said.

Belle stood up and spoke in French. Then I stood up.

"She is my cousin from Paris." I said. "I will translate. She said,'Well I came from Paris and I'm very excited to be here.'"

Then she whispered in my ear and I said,"She said,' I will be here from college.'"

Then we sat down.

Next thing I knew it was the lunch period. I caught up to the gang and we headed do the front of the school. When we got there, Abby was being bullied by the most popular/meanest girls in the school, Sarah and Madison. Then Belle and I walked over to her.

"Hey! Leave Abby alone you bitches." I yelled.

"Oh. Well, well, well, isn't it little miss shy." Sarah said.

"Well, I'm not so shy anymore. Now leave her alone!" I yelled at Sarah and Madison.

"Okay, bye." They said.

I really wish they were dead. I HATE THEM. I just hate people like them. I mean, how can their parents put up with bitches like them. So, we headed to the mall across the street for lunch. When we got there, Abby and I walked into Starbucks(white girls dream).

"Oh, hey Arden. You want your usual?" One of the workers, Anna, said.

"Yes, please, Anna." I said. "Do you want anything, Abby?"

"Um, can I have a mocha, please." Abby asked.

"Sure thing." Anna said.

"What's your usual?" Abby asked.

"A mocha mixed with a vanilla bean, with whipped cream and caramel on top." I said.

"Wow. That sounds good." She said.

Then a girl with a very familiar face walks in.

"Oh hey Journey." Abby says.