Prologue/ Background Info

Something Thomas never knew about his sides was that, inside the mindspace, they have access to another world. (A whole new world, as Roman calls it) There they can do anything any normal person could. They can control what they look like and have a completely new life in the world. No one knows how it came to be, but it's very known to be accessed through a door in the common room - almost like a front door, but to another world instead of a front porch (obviously).

Logan uses it to find new books to read in his free time. Roman uses it to be the hero he's always wanted to be, saving damsels in distress left and right. Patton uses it to generally help people and animals. What Remus and Deceit do is unknown, but what is known is that Virgil almost never goes to it.

This world is like any other world, has its flaws and wars, but was fantasy themed with magic and strange creatures. Roman loves this aspect of it and through a mishap discovered that he and the other sides have sort of magical abilities there. They all can shapeshift to whatever they wish they could look like, finding a way to make it less weird with sometimes three people who look exactly the same walking next to each other.

After this mishap, though, they also discovered that they all had some sort of ability unique to them. No one besides Roman would share - his being able to create any object he could think of as long as he had enough energy (bigger/ more complicated the object, more energy and focus it takes) - as he was too excited when he found out to keep quiet. Everyone took guesses as to what each of the hidden powers for everyone were, but no one confirmed anything to be true.

While using his powers one time, Roman was found by a group of people from a nearby village. Turns out, it wasn't normal to have these types of powers, so... naturally... The people freaked out and began to worship him and the rest of the sides like a god for looking like him. Let's just say, he got a rare laugh out of Virgil when he told him that story.

Even with all of this, they didn't use it too often, only when they had to get away from the others or needed a break from their -surprisingly stressful - lives as sides. They never told Thomas in fear of it freaking him out Though, they always knew that he'd find out and they;d have to tell him someday.