THREE.

"What time is it?" Asked Mishti to both Abir and Misha , fuming in anger.

"7.30"  They both replied in chorus, their heads bent down , well aware of the trouble they had put themselves into yet again.

"Are we again going to run after the school bus and yet miss it because you both hate mornings?" Asked Mishti disappointed, folding her arms now looking like her life depended on catching that school bus on time for once.

Abir being the life saver father that he is decided to save himself and his daughter from the wrath of his Angry Chorni.
"Ahhh...Mishti..ummm... look at these poor little things.. I thought that it's their Birthday tomorrow and we have to prepare for their birthday bash so they should get a day off from school for today..After all Birthdays don't come everyday.. right?." Abir said with a puppy face but then decided to pat up his back mentally for coming up with such a brilliant excuse on time which would now save both him and his daughter from all the scolding today. But he forgot that mishti being the strict parent of both of them never approved of the kids to miss school without any genuine reason.

"Tum inke Class teacher ho?
Principal ho?
Holiday calendar ho?"
Questioned Mishti one by one , and abir kept shaking his head in 'NO', his mouth half open in shock while answering all the three of her questions. Though he was used to the idea of mishti asking 'her three questions' to him but she somehow managed to make him astounded with them everytime.

Misha and Mihir kept swinging their heads from mumma to baba to mumma again.. to the sound of their their questions and reactions respectively waiting curiously to see who wins the banter today. They both were now as used to these three questions of Mumma to Baba as was Abir. Though they were too little to understand much ..but they knew that this antic of mumma was reserved only for baba. It was special for them. As special as was Baba forgetting the color of mumma's brown belt of karate every single time and getting scolded for it everytime.

"Toh fir kaise decide karliya ki aaj inki chutti hai?"

They both started to laugh at Mishti's last question but then stopped after receiving a "You traitors" look from Abir.

"Now that we have already wasted our extra 15 mins and I have to pack their lunch for school so today you are going to get them both ready on time. I am waiting downstairs for breakfast..okay Ajeeb Rajvansh." Mishti said to Abir and then turned around and walked off the room.

"But.. listen... angry chorni.." Abir called but mishti had already walked off before he could complete his sentence.
"Bahu violent chokri che" Abir said to himself but then took a sigh of relief after realising that atleast he was done with the scolding part.

Misha started to laugh at this.
"Great..you got baba scolded and now you're laughing." He said to misha faking a sad expression and then they both looked at each other and started laughing mischievously.

Little Mihir at a distance was still standing now folding him arms and holding his angry bird stuffed toy between them. He shook his head in disappointment watching Abir and Misha acting so goofy and mischievous even after getting scolded a few seconds back. He made a mental note of all the complaints of Baba and Misha that he had to make to Mumma today after school.