Forgiving

Hanako POV

Yashiro never came to the bathroom after school.. I know exactly why too.. yet I can't help but worry. She probably doesn't even want to see me again.. But where could she be right now?

I was staring out the window, watching every kid walk out of the school, but I never saw Yashiro.

I couldn't have missed her, I was watching the entire time since school ended.

Why is she still in the school? Maybe she's doing something with her friends...?

A small part of me hoped that she would walk through the bathroom door with a smile on her face. But I knew it wouldn't happen.

Wait, she's mad at me because I didn't save her friend.... she must've tried to save her instead..!No...

Normal POV

Hanako immediately sent his hakujoudai after her. She couldn't have gone, doesn't she know how dangerous it is? He thought, worry flooding over him like a waterfall.

I have to protect her from Tsukasa...

The hakujoudai came back just a few a minutes later. It was true, Yashiro did go, and Hanako wasn't going to let her get taken from him. Not again.

"Did you only come back for Yashiro?" Tsukasa asked Hanako with a hurt look in his eyes.

Hanako didn't answer, he kept his sharp amber gaze fixed on his twin brother.

"Do you love her more than me?!" Tsukasa let out a short gasp. Hanako still didn't answer. Yashiro looked surprised at the question, and even how Hanako didn't answer.

"Let her go." Hanako finally said.

"You mean that other girl? Fine. She's boring anyways." Tsukasa said.

Yashiro POV

I was weirded out by how fast he gave up, I thought at least he'd put up a fight!

Ao-chan immediately appeared in front of us. "Nene-chan!!" She shouted.

I was so happy to see her again, I almost cried! I instantly gave her a big hug. I'm so glad she's okay..!!

"Amane! Pleeeease play with me! I've been so bored without you!!" Tsukasa cried.

Hanako looked away, this time a little less determined, and more of his he looked before. Scared and hopeless.

I just wanted to give him a hug again. Seeing him like this made me so anxious, usually he's so cheerful and happy.

But when his brother gets involved, all of these negative emotions kick in..!

"Fine! But I won't stop asking, Amane!" Tsukasa shouted opening his arms. "We will play again~ I know it~" He said, fading out of sight.

I don't know why... but I feel like he glanced directly at me right before he disappeared..

Normal POV

Sakura avoided eye contact with all of them. "I'm sorry..." She managed to quietly say it before shutting the door in front of them.

Hanako put his knife away and stared at the floor.

Yashiro wrapped her arms around him like he did to her before. "Thank you Hanako-kun.." She said pressing her head against his back.

Hanako flinched at her touch. He fought back the tears and regret he had.

"I'm.. so sorry Yashiro..." He said brittley, relaxing his muscles. "I don't want... to see you cry again.."

Yashiro looked at him. He didn't make eye contact, he kept his back turned to her.

"I-I'm sorry too..!" She whined.

This time he turned his amber gaze back to her. Yashiro's lips curled into a smile when he finally looked into her eyes.

"N-Nene-chan...?!?" Aoi's voice broke the silence. "Are you okay???" She asked, concern in her voice.

Unlike Yashiro and Kou, Aoi didn't have the ability to see apparitions, so to her, Yashiro was hugging, talking, and smiling at air right now.

Yashiro POV

I forgot Ao-chan was still there! I thought Kou-kun had taken her to safety! No, they were both still there...! How embarrassing!!

I immediately released Hanako and swung around to face her. Kou-kun had a shocked look on his face when he remembered Ao-chan couldn't see apparitions too!

"I'm fine Ao-chan!! I was just really tired and I do strange things when I'm tired like this!!" I laughed nervously.

Ao-chan's expression only changed slightly. It didn't seem she remembered anything that had just happened to her or what she was just saved from.

"Um, i-it's getting late! We should head home!" I said even though there was still dawn sunlight coming from outside.