Chapter 6: A place to sleep

It rained that night. Icestorm treading onward, blinded by fury. The kits stumbling after her.

"Icestorm, we're tired! Can we please stop?" Eagle mewled, Frost nodding in agreement

"We'll stop later, we need to get farther from the clans!" Icestorm hissed

They treaded on for hours, stopping to rest that night in an abandoned barn. Icestorm woke up Frost and Eagle at the first light of dawn, and continued trudging along. The rain had stopped, but the ground was left boggy and uneven. They walked from sunrise to sunset. Icestorm pointed out a bush that looked like it would make a good nest for the night. As they came close though, another cat scent touched their nose, and a cat came hissing out of the bush. The cat was a white tom with a jet-black stripe running down his back. He was standing protectively over a dead rabbit.

"Go away! This is my prey!" he hissed

"Oh, we're sorry. We were looking for a place to sleep for the night" Icestorm says, Frost and Eagle peeking out from behind her. The cat's eyes darted to the young cats, and softened when he saw that they were cold and tired.

"I suppose you could stay here for tonight." he muttered "my name's Night by the way"

"I'm Icestorm, and this is Frost and Eagle. Thank you for letting us stay." Icestorm says, dipping her head gratefully.

"Its nothin'," Night says, looking away, embarrassed, as Frost and Eagle padded into the den to sleep. Icestorm padded over to sit by Night, and they talked as they watched the moon rise.