Chapter 5- The New Kids

***Ali's POV***

I felt a movement under my cheek, and opened my eyes. Misery was trying to lift my head off of his shoulder gently, so he could get out without waking me up. "Its okay," I yawned, "I'm gonna get up front, anyway." Nikki stepped out of the car and offered me a hand to get out. "Well, you're a proper gentleman," I teased, grabbing his hand and stepping out.

Nikki started to walk away, but I shouted, "Hey, Misery!" He turned around, and yelled back, "What?" I ran over and hugged him. "Night, Misery," I whispered, before sauntering back to the car. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him smile a bit and walk away.

I opened the door of Ash's car, and stepped into the front seat. "So, getting married, huh?" I smiled, curiosly. She nodded, smiling. "You like him, don't you?" She teased. "Who, Misery?" I smiled. "Yeah, its obvious. Well, you know, its kinda hard not to fall for him harder in real life. I've had a fangirl crush on him for, like, ever. But its real, now, I think." Ash nodded, understanding, and pulled away from the house. "I just don't know," I sighed, gazing out the window.

We drove for a good while, listening to music, but otherwise silent. Ash parked in the lot for the dorm, and we slid the cards that let us into the buildings. We rode the elevator up to our floor.

Walking into the dorm, I went to put music on, but stopped. "Uh," I paused for a moment "would it make you feel awkward if I put on Epidemic? Cause I'm probably gonna end up singing it really bad." I laughed awkwardly, smiling. "I brought all of my CDs, a speaker, and my mp3 because I was counting on some slutty white girl, not, ummmm, you. And I'm kinda obsessed with the whole Epidemic EP, so..."

Ash shrugged. "I don't care, to be honest." She plopped down on her bed. "Okay," I smiled hesitantly. I put the CD into the CD player, and put the first track on.

I sighed and sat on my bed as well. "So..." I began, gazing at the ceiling. My thoughts all went to mister Misery. "Ugh," I sighed, frowning. I pulled out my phone and opened Kik. "Does Misery have a kik?" I asked Ash. She nodded and took my phone. "There," she said when she typed something in. I thought for a moment then typed, 'Hey Misery. Its Ali :)', and put down my phone.

I stared at the ceiling again, waiting for my phone to ring, if it did. After 10 minutes, Ash, who had been on her phone, declared, "Goodnight," and closed her eyes. Finally, my phone rang. Nikki had texted me back, 'Im trying to sleeeeeeeeeeep!'. Laughing, I texted back, 'Awh okay sorry! Goodnight <3'. Within a minute, he'd kiked me back, 'Goodnight <3'. My heart fluttered, and I rolled over and went to sleep.

***In The Morning***

I rolled over- it was 11 am. "Ugh....." I groaned, trying to sit up. I was in agonizing pain, and felt like I was gonna puke my brains out. "That," Ash laughed, "is why I didn't get drunk last night. Hangovers are not fun on your first full day of campus. While you could be walking around having fun, you're puking your brains out." I shook my head, smiling. "Smart, Ash," I laughed. Heaving myself up, I walked into the bathroom that we shared with the next dorm over and threw up in the toilet. "Lovely," I muttered, and stood up to go back to the dorm, but a voice behind me sounded, "Long night, huh?" I turned around to see a kinda cute guy leaning against the doorway. He evidently had a good taste in music- he had a NYD shirt on.

"And who may you be?" I smiled. "Nico," he replied. "You like New Years Day?" I asked, and he nodded. I looked him up and down, noting his skinny frame and black skinny jeans. Band bracelts ornamented his arms, and he had a few smaller tattoos. He was cute, yes, but there was Nikki.

"Come on, then." I grabbed his hand, smiling. "Wait till you see this." I opened the door to Ash sitting on the bed, texting someone (probably Nick) on her phone. She looked up. "Ali, who's that?" She asked. Her eyes went from his wide, green eyes, to his perfect teeth that were frozen in shock, to his NYD shirt. "Oh, another fan!" she smiled sweetly. "Hi, I'm guessing you already know me, and I'm your new next-door-neighbor! And your name is...?" He took a second to respond. "Um- m-my n-name. R-right," He stuttered. "N-Nico." He smiled anxiously. Ash smiled back, and opened her arms for a hug. "Hi, Nico." She said, embracing him. "I hope to hang out some time?" She pulled away, her head tilted quizically. Nico nodded. "Sure!" he exclaimed.

All of the sudden, another guy burst through the doorway. He was muscular, swaggy, and reminiscent of Justin Beiber. Great. "Nico," he ran a hand through his gelled back hair, "why are you in here drooling over these goth chicks?" Nico whipped around, startled. "Charlie," he explained patiently, "this is Ashely fucking Costello, the lead singer of one of my favorite bands. Why don't you say hi?" His expression changed quickly, knowing he was dealing with a famous person who probably had scary friends. "Hi, Ash, nice to meet you," he smiled and stuck his hand out for a hand shake. Ash obliged, and replied, "Nice to meet you, too, Charlie. I think we got off on the wrong foot." She gripped his hand tighter before shooting him a creepy grin. He cowered a bit and turned to me. "And you are...?" his eyes darted around nervously. "Ali," I replied, uninterested. I examined my nails sassily, and then gave him dagger eyes. He backed up quite a bit.

"Well, um," Charlie turned to go, "I have, um, stuff to do, and things, so, um, bye!" He quickly walked through the bathroom and into the dorms. Ash, Nico, and I exchanged looks, then burst out laughing. "That was great," I wiped a few tears from my eyes. "So, Nico," I continued, "If we're not terribly busy, wanna go get, like, coffee or something later?" I looked at Ash cautiously, and she nodded. "We'll knock on your door around 3. Be ready to go by 3, we might be a bit later though." She flashed her prize smile, and he nodded. "See ya then!" he exclaimed, before waving goodbye and walking back to his dorm.

"So, Nico, eh?" Ash winked. I shrugged. "Nah. He's cute, but Nikki." Ash nodded. "Yeah. We'll see how that goes, though. I'll have to subtly point out the ring later, so he doesn't try out any moves on me." She laughed. I nodded, "Yeah. Well, I'm gonna try to pass this hangover, for now." I pulled out some bottled water and started chugging. Ash laughed as I tryed to flush it out of my system. I forgot I had water in my mouth, and started to chide her, but it all came falling out of my mouth, which just made her laugh harder. I shot her a look, but then started laughing, too. Wow, Ali, you got lucky. I thought, smiling as I laughed. l could get used to this.