CHAPTER XVIII | Acid

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN(First Person Point of View)"More than One Apocalypse"

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
(First Person Point of View)
"More than One Apocalypse"

YEAR 2120 - Oct. 21 - 8:30PM

And just like that. My brother had already left me for my sake. It's been a day since that happened.

Alvin came to the Laboratory with a helicopter and carried both Art and Cass to safety with Fabiar carrying my weight. I saw everyone was being eaten alive right in front of me.

We were saved and it turned out that Aldom wasn't lying. All of us were cured and we stayed at a tall tower for a whole day.

Alvin said he only used the helicopter for emergency and kept it a secret from us. I can't be angry, he saved our lives.

With the five of us using the cure, there are only five vials left. We tried finding any possible Hospital to help make more of the cure but all of those places were either abandoned or full of zombies.

We searched for atleast anyone else in the city but there was no sign of life. We can't go any further too since we only had few gasoline for the helicopter. We quarantined ourselves with very few food to keep us alive.

We might've been able to reach our goal but at what cost? I've lost my brother too. Of all people, why does it have to be him? I never even say sorry to him from all the mistakes I've done.

Suddenly, I heard a creak of a door. It was Cass, what's she going to tell me now?

"Hey, punk.. You've been in your room the whole day. We're worried, y'now?" She sat beside me and I ignored her. No words could replace Dylan, "I know you're at grief about your brother but.. I know for a fact that he sacrificed himself for a reason. And you know what that is?

He wanted you to live.

He wanted you to live a life he never had. So, please, Clay.. Don't waste the opportunity that many didn't have. Go forward, Afterall, that's what he wants for you."

Then it clicked. She's right. I shouldn't waste time moping and let time fly by. Dylan wouldn't allow that.

"Heh, you're starting to sound like Dylan." I commented, my face were covered in tears.

"Well, he told me so when we were headed to the Lab." She smirked.

"What..? You mean you weren't flirting with him all the time?" I laughed a bit.

"I asked him about problems told me that his only problem would be if he never protected you from something. It would haunt him forever. Dylan said that it was private but he said that he promised himself that you weren't going to feel pain ever again. It's actually pretty sweet.."