26 • time

Draco apparated just outside the Time Vault and looked dangerously determined. Harry saw him heading towards the Vault. He started to speak, "Hey Malfoy..." but Draco didn't hear him because he was ambitious. He was going to make Dennis pay for what he did. He took his daughter, even though it was not his but his future self's, so he decided it would just be fair to take Dennis's life.

Hermione came into sight and began to follow Draco. She saw Harry approaching her but she said with a guilty face, "Sorry Harry, not now."

Draco had really long legs so catching up with him was quite the step. Hermione was out of breath by the time she was coming near Draco. She had a quick glance at him and his eyes were full of rage. He was going to do something very stupid yet aggressive. Hermione was saying something but Draco didn't pay heed to her.

He took out his wand and petrified all the people near Dennis. He saw an expression of shock on Dennis. He pointed his wand towards Dennis and freed his hands from being tied.

Draco was about to say, "Cruci-" but Hermione grabbed him by his hand and apparated him to a lake side area.

Draco shouted "Granger why did you bring me here?"

Hermione said with an equal magnitude, "Torturing him isn't going to bring Evelyn back!"

Draco stood their and said nothing.
Hermione walked towards him and hugged him, "I'm sorry Draco."

Draco hugged her back tightly and cried. Hermione was heartbroken at this sight. Seeing him at his low wasn't something she was prepared to witness. They stood there for about an hour and Draco took a step back. His beautiful eyes had a hint of red and his face pale than ever. His hair were a mess, but he still managed to look great.

Draco laughed darkly, "I'm sorry Granger I didn't know what I was doing."

Hermione just smiled and patted for Draco to sit besides him.

This was just like Room Of Requirement, just they were much closer than before. As Draco stared ahead, Hermione was looking at him.

His face had matured and have beautiful stone gray eyes. They seemed to shine as Draco stared at the water body in front of. Draco was lost in the beauty of the scenery, whereas Hermione was lost in his. Hermione had never noticed, but when Draco gave a true smile he had tiny smile wrinkles which made him even more handsome. His blonde hair seem to wave due to the cold wind and even after crying, he looked angelic as ever. Draco Malfoy was a piece of art.

"Granger I know I'm handsome but could you please stop staring at him."

Hermione began to blush and muttered,
"I wasn't staring at you."

Draco said, "I'm grateful I got to meet Evelyn. I know for now that I'm actually capable of love. That is all enough for me to be happy."

Hermione looked towards Draco and said, "You're a great man Draco, and not everybody is like that. You're one of the best people I've ever known."

Draco said genuinely, "Granger, you always see the positives in another person. You need to start seeing that everyone has negatives. I have more than you could imagine."

"Maybe you do, maybe you don't. What matters now is what you choose to become."

Draco rolled up his sleeve and showed his death eater mark, "Even this? This one mark destroyed my life and I know it destroyed yours too. I was stupid then but now everytime I look at this, I see what a useless thing I was in this world. But Evelyn changed that."

Hermione put her arm around Draco's waist and put her head on his shoulder. This was one of the most happiest night of their lives, and they were not taking it for granted.

It was nearly 10 pm and Draco gently shook Hermione awake.

"Granger wake up, we should go now..."

Hermione was deep asleep so she just snuggled close to Draco. He wanted to kiss her but knew it was wrong to take advantage, so he apparated with her to Hermione's flat and put her in her room. He went to the living room and went to sleep on the sofa.

Draco did miss Evelyn, but he realized what he had gained today. The capability to love. And he knew he was falling for Hermione Granger.