18 • gratitude

DAY 63

The death toll had increased to 790,865 and the infected rate is 2,000,000 and rising. A vaccine was still not invented, thus this job was handed over to another section of the research department where there were more members and less problems. Draco wasn't unhappy that this had been taken off from his shoulders. Neither was Hermione.

They were given a new task of arranging for places where patients could be kept in containment and to visit all the places across the world and get a report. During this time, Evelyn lived with Molly. Evelyn was getting adjusted to her new environment. Draco and Hermione had given a report of nearly every major area in the world. The only place that was left now was Washington DC. Regarding the issue of place, Narcissa Black had come to their office to give a solution.

"Good Morning Ma'am!" greeted Hermione.

"Good Morning. Narcissa, please."

Draco came with a smile which would remind everyone of a shiny ball of sunshine. His platinum blonde hair were glowing and his face had an unmatched shine.

"Hey there mum!"

"Hey sweetie! You seem so jolly today, not that I'm complaining."

Hermione excused herself and went back to her chair. She took her packed back and kept it aside. She also cleared up Draco's desk and kept his packed stuff next to hers.

Soon she went back to where Draco and Narcissa were enganged in a very heart-to-heart conversation. This reminded Hermione of her mother. Hermione went into a flashback.

Hermione, after the war ended went to find her parents, who she had obliviated. She found them in Australia. When she saw them she was truly ecstatic, but noticed they were carrying a toddler who was named Hermione. She couldn't snatch her parents happiness again, thus she left.

"Granger to Earth?"

"I'm sorry."

Draco frowned a bit, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, thanks."

Narcissa cleared her throat and spoke, "Well as I was saying, I can give the Malfoy Manor as a place for patients."

Hermione questioned, "But where are you going to live Ma'a- Narcissa?"

"Well, Draco had a small muggle flat somewhere. I'm sure I can go there."

Draco answered, "No mum. That place is smelly and disgusting. You won't be able to live there."

"Draco, sweetie, lives of a thousands are more important than one's comfort."

Hermione interjected, "With all due respect Narcissa, if you wouldn't mind you could live in my flat. I don't even go there."

Before Narcissa could say anything Draco said, "What about Evelyn?"

Narcissa spoke, "I'd love to stay there Ms. Granger. Though it would be better if Evelyn was there. Human contact prevents a person from going crazy."

"Please, it's Hermione."

Narcissa smiled and left the room. Draco called his elf.

"Yes Master?"

"Pixie, could you please go and clear up Ms. Granger's flat."

"As you say Master."

"Thank You Pixie."

Hermione said, "Malfoy, you didn't need to order that poor creature to clean my house."

Draco, "It's an elf's job Granger. Plus they're happy, that's it."

Narcissa Malfoy arrived to the flat and it wasn't as big as the Manor (obviously) but it felt like home. The only thing left for her to do was learn how to use muggle things.

Astoria Greengrass walks into the Malfoy Manor only to notice every extravagant piece of furniture was being replaced by mediocre hospital beds. She needs to talk to Draco urgently. She starts looking for Narcissa, but she was nowhere to be found. A Healer wearing a fully covered plastic suit came to her and said, "Miss you are not allowed here. Kindly leave."

Astoria huffed and left the Malfoy territory. She began to search every other place commonly visited by Draco. Every place she went she saw someone ill or about to faint. She had no clue what was going on in this world. Maybe if she had paid some attention to news this wouldn't have happened.

Seeing this, she remembered that Draco was a healer. He must be in his hospital where he worked. She apparated there only to be informed that Mr. Malfoy was now working under someone else. Astoria was outraged that Draco didn't tell him anything about this. She felt as if she was just a fling for him, which was true as even Astoria felt the same for Draco. After all Draco was the father of her child. Their child. What she didn't knew was that their child had arrived from the future and was currently living with his paternal grandmother in Hermione Granger's home.

Somehow she got to know where Draco was working and through power she was allowed to go where ever she felt like. She barged into the room to see Hermione and Draco laughing on something.

"Certainly you're doing a lot of work Draco. You're mother must be so ashamed of you, you're with a mudblood."

Draco turned around and his expressions changed from a jolly one to a stern one.

"Is no one going to bring me a drink?"