CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN - HINKYPUNKS

Hermione had quizzed Noelle on some brief history about Hogwarts and some beginner's knowledge about some first year spell theory

Hermione had quizzed Noelle on some brief history about Hogwarts and some beginner's knowledge about some first year spell theory. She didn't pass with flying colours, but it was a start, and she was doing well considering. She hadn't managed to talk to Amira yet but the feline's steady presence was comforting and gave her a sense of familiarity. She briefly wondered how she would be faring right now if Amira wasn't there. Noelle hoped to find somewhere to talk privately after her lessons.

Come Monday her first lesson was double Potions. Somewhat terrified because she knew that Snape was mean to anyone who isn't a Slytherin, Noelle was content to say that the only notable thing about the lesson was that Draco Malfoy took fancy to making (in Noelle's humble opinion) the dumbest impressions of Harry having a swooning fit any time he could. Noelle was almost beside herself in glee when Ron flung his large, slimy crocodile heart in Draco's direction, though it quickly died when Snape immediately deducted 50 points from Gryffindor. Before she left the potions classroom however, Snape had called her back. 

"Your performance is abysmal," he commented dryly with a sneer. Noelle immediately flushed and had half the mind to tell him where he could stick it but held herself back, rather opting to stay silent than incur his Gryffindor-specific wrath. She knew it wasn't her fault, anyway; magical coma or not, she had only entered this world yesterday so she was bound to be terrible. 

"The Headmaster has informed me of your...circumstances," his eyes glinted suspiciously. "That leaves me with the unfortunate responsibility of having to ensure you don't fail my classes. You'll be having extra lessons every Wednesday after lunch in place of your double elective period; I expect you to have pre-requisite knowledge of all first year content by then. I don't tolerate laziness so if you come unprepared you'll have no one to blame but yourself." Noelle bit her cheek; she was pretty sure he didn't tolerate anyone.

"Yes, Professor," Noelle answered. She grinned suddenly, a slight dimple appearing on her left cheek. "I'll be sure to come with lots of questions!"

Snape sneered and waved his hand, "You are dismissed."

Noelle walked out of the dungeons and almost ran into the Weasley twins who were whispering heatedly to each other. She could vaguely make out the words "fireworks" and "cauldron" and knew Snape was in for a very lovely surprise. Once they spotted Noelle they adopted matching grins and bowed. "Miss Black."

Noelle held back the giggle threatening to spill and hurriedly dipped into a curtsy, a hand on her chest. "Gentlemen," she leaned in with a conspiratorial smile, "you have 50 points to beat."

Fred raised a brow. "Oh?"

George followed on, "That should be easy enough."

"Just don't kill anyone," Noelle retorted over her shoulder, making her way to her Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson.